Sign in to follow this  
tooler82

60 Degree Blade?

My Mimaki CJV30 does not do good on small letters and such. Instead of cutting, it generally rips. Figured it’s because it can’t swivle around because it’s so small so it rips since the blade hasn’t had time to spin around to cut. Will replacing it with a 60 degree blade help with this? Been researching and it seems like it, but wanted to ask my experts on here first.  

a 60-degree will typically work better on the smaller/finer cuts. the next question would be, how small are the cuts you're you making, because sometimes small is simply way too small ... and sometimes the design is a bit too congested with too many nodes.

check your blade depth, and it also helps to slow the blade. make sure you also have a sharp blade (I love Clean Cut blades), and check  your blade holder to make sure there's no debris in it that would hinder the blade rotation.

• Like 2

Thank you. You know I didn’t even think to slow it down. That way the blade will be able to spin around. Thanks. 

Make sure you have calibrated your blade offset, if that's an option in your cutter software. That's what it's for, to allow for tight turns without tearing the material. You can also check the "force", or pressure, of the blade. Too much, and it's sure to rip things up, especially in the turns. The blade should cut through the vinyl and just into the paper backing, but not through it.