Alphamisfits

Small pieces pulling up! Help please!

Hi I'm still fairly new to this , originally I was using a 45 degree blade and I watched some videos and got everything good and have been cutting good for quite awhile but now I felt the blade should be changed ( not sure) so I put in a new 45 degree blade and ran a test which I thought was good .

It cut the vinyl and didn't cut the wax paper but now it's starting to pull small pieces up here and there , I have had this happen like maybe 1 spot here in there no biggie but now I just got like 7-8 spots on my last 12x12 cut . Any ideas what I'm doing wrong n how to fix it.

15381848593488767656917482751728.jpg

Sounds like too much blade exposed.  This is how to set your blade correctly below.  A blade should last a good nine months unless your cutting reflective or other thick  specialty vinyl. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder.  Sign vinyl is only about 2-3 mi lthick  You only cut with the very tip of the blade. 

• Thanks 1

If you have the correct blade exposure, then the next step is to slow down the cut speed, get a 60-degree blade, clean-up the design (if needed, by checking the nodes), and/or a combination or all of the above.

If small bits of vinyl are getting lifted, you might want to also check your blade holder to maker sure itty bitty pieces don't get randomly stuck in there.

• Like 1