MrJoel

Copies from the titan 2 or 3???

Ok, even on the laser point 2 I was able to send a job to the plotter then make copies with a push of the button on the machine... I can’t figure it out on the titan... am I missing it or is an option that isn’t there?

I don't have a Titan, but your cutting software should be able to make copies with just the push of a button.  And send to the cutter. 

Unfortunately it’s quite a few button clicks to do so and I have to have my Mac open to scalp the entire time... hard to multi task when stuck doing one thing!

3 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

Unfortunately it’s quite a few button clicks to do so and I have to have my Mac open to scalp the entire time... hard to multi task when stuck doing one thing!

Looking at the control panel in the user manual,  I don't see Copies as any option.  

Does this help?  From another post

Highlight what you want to copy, go to object up top, select duplicate and you can adjust # of copies and how far apart etc.

Most of us have dedicated computers just for cutting.  

You mean your Mac can't open other tabs, while  Scalp is open?   

Making duplicates is something I have always let my cutting software deal with. If it doesn't have an option to do that you're have to build a file that has the copies all stacked in there. I sometimes do a stacked cut file if it's something that can save vinyl consumption like HTV for shirtswith an odd shaped logo that can have one rotated opposite and save space. 

20 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Does this help?  From another post

Highlight what you want to copy, go to object up top, select duplicate and you can adjust # of copies and how far apart etc.

Most of us have dedicated computers just for cutting.  

You mean your Mac can't open other tabs, while  Scalp is open?   

Thanks but I know how to duplicate, copies is a completely different idea.  The material I am cutting requires a mat, after each pattern is cut I have to go into scalp, click ok, then cut, then ok after putting the second mat in and positioning it correctly.  My laser point 2 had a copy button... I miss it...it may just push me towards the Graphtec for plotter #2...

im actually reconsidering all my equipment, computer (from MacBook Pro to desktop with Mac or pc) , plotter, etc.  we use the fc-8600 at my day job but I really want a 30” as I transition from that day job to doing my side gig full time in the next couple of months... 

21 hours ago, MrJoel said:

What are you trying to multitask? Running other applications while SCALP is open, or trying to work on another SCALP file?

2 minutes ago, haumana said:

What are you trying to multitask? Running other applications while SCALP is open, or trying to work on another SCALP file?

Other applications with scalp open.  If it ain’t on The screen, the machine ain’t movin

20 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

Other applications with scalp open.  If it ain’t on The screen, the machine ain’t movin

Good to know! What a crying shame!

I don't think I'll be adding that to software list for Mac then :blink: