MrJoel

Needing a second plotter, ce6000, titan 3, or fc8600

Hey everyone, just wanting to get some input.  I’m currently running a titan 3 and the majority of the product I’m cutting is quite unique.  Almost sandblast material that’s 22 mils and it needs (according to the titan) a downforce of 360.  The other half of my use is with reflective 3m 5100 and 680cr.  My titan has run a lot of miles and done very well but I’m curious about the CE until I read that 300 on the downforce and was wondering if those numbers for the titan and CE are apples to apples as I really have no way of measuring downforce.  The FC is a beast but I don’t know that I could justify the price when most of the features are not going to ever be used.

let me know your opinion, Thanks!!!

Keep checking on Ebay/Craigslist for used FC cutters.  They are well worth the money.  I own 2.  I picked up a FC8000-75 (30") for $1K  2 months ago with FREE shipping.  BUY IT NOW.   They are real work horse machines.  There is very little difference between the FC8000 and the FC8600.   I did not buy my FC for the down force.  I bought it for the 30" size and great tracking.  I was already  cutting 27" decals, So I wanted another 30" machine.  Plus. it is very accurate, holds it's resale value, and I love the basket.  The FC cutters stand higher, so you are not leaning over to do everything. They are very well built cutters.  

According to the  UScutter site the Titan 3 has a max down force of 750g. and is on sale.  

I’m thinking I would like the included software better than the scalp I’m using too

22 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

I’m thinking I would like the included software better than the scalp I’m using too

The newer Graphtecs, you can request the  rebranded Flexisignpro which is an over $1K software.  Graphtec Pro Studio.  I even got it with my used cutter, because the FC8000 is not that old.   But it is not for the CE6000- Plus models.  That is what it says on the request form   CE6000 (not plus version)   You just fill out the online form and enter in your model and serial number,  They email you a download link and a code. It didn't take long to get, maybe an hour. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 5:30 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

The newer Graphtecs, you can request the  rebranded Flexisignpro which is an over $1K software.  Graphtec Pro Studio.  I even got it with my used cutter, because the FC8000 is not that old.   But it is not for the CE6000- Plus models.  That is what it says on the request form   CE6000 (not plus version)   You just fill out the online form and enter in your model and serial number,  They email you a download link and a code. It didn't take long to get, maybe an hour. 

So, I found a used fc8000-75.  It’s a couple hours away but the owner says it works great.  What should I be looking for in regards to problems or concerns?

You stated "we use the fc-8600 at my day job"   It's basically the same cutter, except the FC8600  has ethernet. and better ARMS detection.    Cut a detailed design.   

11 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You stated "we use the fc-8600 at my day job"   It's basically the same cutter, except the FC8600  has ethernet. and better ARMS detection.    Cut a detailed design.   

Well, by “we” I meant the peeps in the shop.  I just do installation there.  And, of course, they are out of town this weekend...  

You have been running a vinyl cutter for a while,  The Titan 3 is the top of that category line of cutters.  It's a servo also. The Graphtec FC is just a different brand. It should still be quiet, accurate and track well.   I bought mine online without seeing it run, knowing that there is still parts available for the FC8000, if I had to fix it.  This cutter new was over $4k.