white0rabbit0

machine pushes out page when calibrating

Hey all!

So I have a couple of issues going on at the moment.  I am extremely new to vinyl cutters and I just bought the TITAN 2 special edition.  One of the main reasons I got it was to cut out my printed sticker designs which I read that it can do.  The problem is, when I go to calibrate the test sheet (or anything really) on the third mark (bottom left) the machine spits the page out.  I don't know if this is a stupid easy fix or if something is wrong but I can't figure it out.  I have tried resizing the page in the program, moving the offset, turning offset off, double triple and quadruple measured the page and the distance between marks.  I've also just cut without doing the calibration test and the cuts started off good on the first one closes to the origin but then veered off about 1/4 of an inch. (which is my second issue)

I probably shouldn't have bought this cutter for my first one but I'm usually really good with these kinds of things.  Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I'm using VinylMaster 

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

Have you tried putting the page on a carrier sheet, or wax paper backing that is larger than your sheet?  So the pinch rollers have something to hang on to.   I don't do contour cutting, but have read that others do that. 

I did try that in the beginning however the machine was still cutting wrong.  It cuts the first sticker good but the ones next to it were still off.  I'll try it again and see if anything changes. 

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You don't state which cutting software you are using to to do this. 

Sorry 

I have edited the original post.  I'm using Vinyl Master

The page being spit out problem sounds like your marks are simply too close to the edge of the paper. The carrier sheet should solve that problem.

The drifting could be a calibration adjustment of the scale. Does the Titan have a pen option? If so, load a sheet of paper and draw a square as big as you can fit on the page. Then measure it as accurately as possible. Does it measure the same as what it was designed to be? If you don't have a pen option you can just cut some vinyl.

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Are you following these instructions from UScutter support for contour cutting with Vinyl Master? 

https://www.uscutter.com/static/PDFs/Vinylmaster_Guide4Titan2.pdf

Yes I followed that one exactly.  The issue is when I get to the 3rd registration mark it just shoots the page out.  The first and second point line up almost perfectly

3 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

The page being spit out problem sounds like your marks are simply too close to the edge of the paper. The carrier sheet should solve that problem.

The drifting could be a calibration adjustment of the scale. Does the Titan have a pen option? If so, load a sheet of paper and draw a square as big as you can fit on the page. Then measure it as accurately as possible. Does it measure the same as what it was designed to be? If you don't have a pen option you can just cut some vinyl.

I have added a large sheet of paper behind it (about 5-6 extra inches) and its still shooting the page out.  

I do have the pen but I can't calibrate it accurately until the machine stops throwing the paper out at me.  I'm starting to think it's just something wrong with the machine because there is plenty of room for it head and rollers to move around on.  

Are you following the instructions for the software telling you how to load the sheet?

The print will print out with 4 registration marks around the image. Since we are using a circle, it does not matter how the print is loaded into the cutter. Be aware that on most other prints there will be an orientation that needs to be loaded, but the software will show you prior to starting the contour cut.

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Are you following the instructions for the software telling you how to load the sheet?

The print will print out with 4 registration marks around the image. Since we are using a circle, it does not matter how the print is loaded into the cutter. Be aware that on most other prints there will be an orientation that needs to be loaded, but the software will show you prior to starting the contour cut.

Yes I have tried the circle and the contour cut test sheet and the laser offset calibration sheet.

For the drawing a square test you would just be sending a simple box to the cutter to test not doing a contour cut so it won't be looking for registration marks and shouldn't spit the paper out. There would be no need to do a calibration routine for this test. 

When you go through the contour cut calibration process does it move the laser close to the registration marks or does it spit the paper out for that too?

That is not what I am asking..  When you load the sheet, You are to start with a specified registration mark.  I don't know it it is front right, or back right. As your number 1 starting point.   It says your Vinyl Master software is telling you which registration mark to start with. Are you using the correct starting registration mark as number 1

Vinyl Master has a video on youtube.com for contour cutting.   It looks like they are starting at back right as the first registration mark. 

13 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

For the drawing a square test you would just be sending a simple box to the cutter to test not doing a contour cut so it won't be looking for registration marks and shouldn't spit the paper out. There would be no need to do a calibration routine for this test. 

When you go through the contour cut calibration process does it move the laser close to the registration marks or does it spit the paper out for that too?

sorry I misunderstood you.  Yes I did that and the square measured the exact same as in the program.

It lines the pen up horizontally but the rollers keep moving until the paper is pushed out

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Vinyl Master has a video on youtube.com for contour cutting.   It looks like they are starting at back right as the first registration mark. 

Yeah I lined the pen up with the correct mark and even tried it the opposite way and it didn't work

So I called support and the issue was that I had originally selected the titan2 instead of the titan2SE in the software menu.  I was on the phone for over an hour because I just chose the wrong cutter! :o 

• Haha 1