B+B

Autoweld issues with Cutting Master 4

Hey there, I've searched high and low for more info on issues with autoweld not working on Cutting Master 4 and can't find a solution. I understand Graphtec made changes to fix this issue and applied them to the new version BUT it's not working for me. Anyone have any suggestions? I work with a LOT of script fonts and so AUTOWELD IS A MUST! I've tried by expanding and merging in Illustrator but CM4 still won't recognize the welds! The platforms I'm working with AI CC 2018 // Cutting Master 4 // Graphtec CE6000-60

Thanks for any help.

Anne

I can't answer that question but I notice that your using Cutting Master4. but you did not mention the OS your using.   Did you know that Graphtec has FREE GRAPHTEC PRO STUDIO?  It is over $1000 free software just like Flexisign pro 12.  But it is only good for Windows. It is FREE for the asking with your model of cutter.  All that might save you on other problems.   You can even run a Windows side on a Mac. 

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-graphtec-pro-studio-request-form/

Sorry, not familiar with your software but if the auto weld doesn't work, why not just do it manually? You may need to convert the font to an object first but once stuff is welded and looks correct in wire frame mode it should cut exactly as you want.

Thank you Skeeter, I understand that and at one point did run Windows on parallel but had more issues. CM3 ran great through AI and MAC and have only had issues since I had to upgrade to CM4. I prefer running MAC :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darcshadow said:

Sorry, not familiar with your software but if the auto weld doesn't work, why not just do it manually? You may need to convert the font to an object first but once stuff is welded and looks correct in wire frame mode it should cut exactly as you want.

DarcShadow, after I couldn't get the autoweld to work I did go into my file and do it manually but when I reloaded the new file it wouldn't recognize it. :(  And still showed it needed to be welded. 

Is it only text you're having problems with? If so, have you tried converted the text to an object then weld?

Yes, that's what I did. I took the text expanded it and merged in the original file. 

Interesting, you sure you saved the changes? ha, that's about the only thing I can think of that would cause it to revert back to the unmerged format after reloading.

As a test try saving the changes as a different file name and then reopen the new file and see if the changes were saved.