Sign in to follow this  
Jeanette Stephens

Inches

With the Text Tool selected, adjust the "Physical Size" of your Glyph(s) where Highlighted in red circle.

Use the Select (Arrow) Tool to Adjust the Height or Width (Left of Padlock).

Unlock Proportions (Padlock icon) if you need to adjust Height & Width separately.

VmTextSize.jpg

• Like 2

did you calibrate your cutter after setting it up? that's something i didn't do for a long time. well until it showed up.  i was cutting something that really had to b to spec. by the measurements on the screen i was at 24.75x5.25 but after cutting that wasn't the case. i bet it was over a yr b4 this came up, but everything i make is mainly my design, txt or whatever. so never had  to fit exact, so i never checked after the cut. i make a lot of decals to sell at the store. so if i thought it was 5" long and it was + or - a lil bit it never really mattered. so if u haven't , check it out and c how much u need to adjust it

sorry just getting back on here. with VM ( vinyl master) on the tool bar click on the icon for vinyl spooler, looks like the space shuttle. open it and then you will see the calibration tab. again, since your  local. if you need any help you can message me on here or call . I def don't know everything, but do have experience with a us cutter machine and VM.  I started as newbie in 2016. knew very lil comp wise and none with this kind of software. wasn't getting very far past being able to cut out anything but txt. then asked on here for help with a logo. another member I met on here volunteered to help with the logo. then told me he started with vinyl in 2014, same thing. he didn't know much about vinyl but was comp. guy. so he told me he didn't want anyone to have the issues he had trying to learn. so has been helping me ever since. so its my way of paying it fwd.

There is a good youtube video you can watch for set up and calibrate for Vinyl Master.  These software companies have many videos and instructions out there to walk you thru just about anything. It's not that hard to do searches online for what you need. How to calibrate in Vinyl Master. 

You should see width in 1 box and length in another.  Put some sizes in the boxes.  MY demo already shows sizes.   Then use the TEST CUT to cut it.  You don't want a real big box...  Measure the cut , is it the correct measurements as in the boxes?   That is what your wanting to do.   

• Thanks 1

Guest Boon’s Graphics & Design
On 10/5/2018 at 9:36 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

There is a good youtube video you can watch for set up and calibrate for Vinyl Master.  These software companies have many videos and instructions out there to walk you thru just about anything. It's not that hard to do searches online for what you need. How to calibrate in Vinyl Master. 

You should see width in 1 box and length in another.  Put some sizes in the boxes.  MY demo already shows sizes.   Then use the TEST CUT to cut it.  You don't want a real big box...  Measure the cut , is it the correct measurements as in the boxes?   That is what your wanting to do.   

Ok I know I’m late to the party but I just got VinylMaster this week and going to do for somebody what no forum in any regards has done for me...Calibrate cutter Bla bla bla Yep pretty good advice...except I don’t think it solved many people’s issue especially mine. Could not for the life of me figure why I would set the image size only to find out when I sent it to the cutter that the dimensions had been changed by a half inch or more. Simple solution that noooooobody offers up. Set your page dimensions for the measurements you want to cut. Stretch and pull and tug on that image until it tells you the image has reached the page bounds. Shows up like a ruler . Now send that sucker to the printer and when you see that your measurements stayed intact you can thank me for giving you this fix in plain English 

On 6/27/2020 at 10:21 PM, Guest Boon’s Graphics & Design said:

Ok I know I’m late to the party but I just got VinylMaster this week and going to do for somebody what no forum in any regards has done for me...Calibrate cutter Bla bla bla Yep pretty good advice...except I don’t think it solved many people’s issue especially mine. Could not for the life of me figure why I would set the image size only to find out when I sent it to the cutter that the dimensions had been changed by a half inch or more. Simple solution that noooooobody offers up. Set your page dimensions for the measurements you want to cut. Stretch and pull and tug on that image until it tells you the image has reached the page bounds. Shows up like a ruler . Now send that sucker to the printer and when you see that your measurements stayed intact you can thank me for giving you this fix in plain English 

Boon, if your cutter is out of calibration with your cutting software this will not fix it. If this worked for you then your software must be right and your other original method of trying to size your work must have been flawed somehow or something else is wrong. Bottom line is if you make a square that is 12" and cut it and it's not 12" then you have a problem. If you made your page dimensions 12" and then stretched your square to match that (which it should already have been if you made it correctly) it shouldn't cut any different. If you make a square 12" and still have to stretch it out to fit your 12" page then you must not be understanding your design measurements. What Skeeter was describing is that you can cut a specific size and measure it and make calibrations to bring them into sync so that when you design something 12" that's what you get. If your other setup items are incorrect such as too much blade sticking out or too high uf cutting pressure it could effect the cut by causing extra drag (usually in front to back movement) which may throw your whole process into a real mess. This is why we always suggest dialing in the cutter before trying to figure out all the other intricacies. Exposed Blade is the very first thing then cutting pressure then cutting speed.

• Like 3

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this