U&UCrafting

new to plotters, Graphtec with many questions

Hi,

I am looking at getting a plotter and have been looking at a Graphtec. On line I see they sell the Graphtec 6000 plus as well as the Graphtec 6000-60 plus. I can't seem to find what the difference is besides the price (1795 vs 1195).

I am also very confused about the software. Am I reading correctly that the Pro software that comes with the 6000-60 is a design software but then I would still need to buy a cutting software?

I am on a Mac and am confused if I can or cannot use the Pro software with my Mac or if I need yet another program to use the software. I have a lot of SVG files that I would like to use to cut on the Graphtec and wonder what all I need in order to do this.

I have been using a silhouette so this is just plug and cut. Hopefully someone is willing to to a Graphtec for dummies for me.

Thank you so much!!

Graphtec will come with it's own design software for both platforms, so no worries on using it with a Mac. You can use Graphtec's design software to cut as well, or they do have plug-in's if you want to cut from other software, like AI or something.

.svg is a common and standard file, so nothing to worry about there as well.

I'm not sure about the 6000 plus vs the 6000-60 plus, but i'm sure others on this forum might have some info for you. Could it be the 6000 plus is the smaller cutter, 15" instead of 24" like the 6000-60?

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-ce6000-plus-series/

• Like 1

The price you mention makes me believe you are comparing the 6000-60 plus to the 6000-40 plus which is only 15" wide - uscutter just list the ce-6000-40 =plus without the size designation with I would think is a mistake - I am sure you want the 24" which is the 6000-60

The graphtec pro studio is rebranded flexisign pro about $2500 if you purchase the flexi version so it makes it a great deal to get it with the plotter free

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, U&UCrafting said:

https://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-CE-6000-Vinyl-Cutter-Bundle

Thank you so much for your respons! It is getting clearer. The above link is to the 6000 plus I was mentioning. I guess it must be the smaller size, but hes I am looking at the 24" one.  I really appreciate all input!

when you click specs on that one it says 15" - - - - IMHO it should specify the size in the title 

• Like 1

I agree with Dakota. Lots of confusion there if you are unfamiliar with the cutter jargon. Most of the cutter manufacturers stick with the 40/60/75/120 ending numbers after the model to signify the size in CM. So a 60 is a 24" cutter and absolutely 110% worth the extra cash. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

when you click specs on that one it says 15" - - - - IMHO it should specify the size in the title 

Thank you..... I was not that smart :)

3 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

I agree with Dakota. Lots of confusion there if you are unfamiliar with the cutter jargon. Most of the cutter manufacturers stick with the 40/60/75/120 ending numbers after the model to signify the size in CM. So a 60 is a 24" cutter and absolutely 110% worth the extra cash. 

3 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

and now that makes more sense too... I was not sure about the # but it is in cm..... It will allow for a much bigger project so I can see why it is worth the extra money.

7 hours ago, haumana said:

Graphtec will come with it's own design software for both platforms, so no worries on using it with a Mac. You can use Graphtec's design software to cut as well, or they do have plug-in's if you want to cut from other software, like AI or something.

.svg is a common and standard file, so nothing to worry about there as well.

I'm not sure about the 6000 plus vs the 6000-60 plus, but i'm sure others on this forum might have some info for you. Could it be the 6000 plus is the smaller cutter, 15" instead of 24" like the 6000-60?

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-ce6000-plus-series/

Thank you. I was reading older post and it mentioned the software was not compatible with the Mac and you would need other software so it was very confusing to me. I did go to the graphtec page but sometimes they are not forthcoming with what else you may need and especially for someone who has no clue I'd rather ask users so I know for sure. So I really appreciate your information!

15 hours ago, U&UCrafting said:

Thank you. I was reading older post and it mentioned the software was not compatible with the Mac and you would need other software so it was very confusing to me. I did go to the graphtec page but sometimes they are not forthcoming with what else you may need and especially for someone who has no clue I'd rather ask users so I know for sure. So I really appreciate your information!

I run a Mac with Win7 on Parallels. I also just picked up a CE6000-60 plus as a back-up cutter, although now it's become my primary because it's soooo much better than my first one.

The first thing I did was test on both platforms, and I was able to cut through both - so no worries there! Admittedly I did not try the Mac plugin through AI, as I am totally unfamiliar with AI, but I was able to use the Graphtec design/cut software to get stuff done on the Mac side.

Definitely go with the 24", because you will regret getting the 15" if you go that route. This would be link you would need to put together a setup for yourself.
https://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-CE-6000-Vinyl-Cutter-with-FREE-Clamshell-Heat-Press

I don't know much about heat presses, but hey - it's free! You do NOT need to add in any extra software. When you receive your Graphtec, there's a sheet in the box with the instructions on how to download the necessary software/plug-in's directly from their website.

Good luck! Happy cutting!

• Like 1