Jeanette Stephens

Myrtle Beach SC Nebie here

Hi I am new & I just got a MH721-MK USCUTTER & all my files r SVG files and I want to keep them because I have some cutters that uses SVG files and I would like to know how I can keep the SVG files but I need to make the same files in vector files for my US CUTTER. Thanks

Check in Vinyl Master and see if it doesn't import .svg files.  

One way is to import your svg files into Inkscape.org. and save as your svg as well as an .eps file that can be imported into  Vinyl Master.  

welcome , I finally have another MB peep on here.

my 1st cutter was an sc model from us cutter , and the 2 programs I use to cut with is VM which came with my cutter, but then I upgraded to scalps 4 , i save all my work as an svg file

where u at dn here? we have a store in surfside

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeanette Stephens said:

Hi I am new & I just got a MH721-MK USCUTTER & all my files r SVG files and I want to keep them because I have some cutters that uses SVG files and I would like to know how I can keep the SVG files but I need to make the same files in vector files for my US CUTTER. Thanks

What software are you using? The cutter doesn't care what the file is formatted in.

• Haha 1

SVG  format IS vector and almost all cutting programs can handle them. SVG = Scalable Vector Graphic

Welcome from Idaho!

• Confused 1

In VinylMaster...

>File > New Document

>File > Import >File

Grab the file you want and then it will put you back on the blank new document.  Place your cursor where you want it and left click.

Click on the image to select it and then >Arrange >Ungroup  to make the bits editable.

You can actually import multiple SVGs to the same document.

{ WOOT WOOT!  100 posts!  I wish my high school guidance counselor could see me now!!! }

• Haha 3

text & image.

personally, i would either type out the text in design/cutting software and put a bunch of space in the lettering and drop in graphic. or two sets of the text, with the graphic in between.

it's personal preference. what software are you use?