MrJoel

Small details popping up and out on reflective

Hey y’all, I have adjusted my blade perfect but I’m having a horrible time with very small pieces popping out of the design I’m doing and getting stuck in the blade holder. Any suggestions?  I’ve already oiled the blade and that helped a bit on the pieces sticking/getting caught in the holder but I have a lot of these to do and it’s really annoying 

How small is small and what machine are you using. You might just be trying to cut smaller than what is physically possible with your setup.

It’s the titan 3 with 3m 5100 Reflective... I’ve cut thousands of feet worth of it with this machine and I’m just now having this issue.  The pieces that are giving me issues are oval and about 1/8” wide by 1/4” tall... usually not an issue but when there are 6000 of these involved in the project and if they get under the pinch rollers then it causes me to have to remove them from the final piece after weeding and the glue and whatnot (sorry, insert punctuation where you may...that was along breath...)... I even changed brands of blades to see if that helped, nope.  Might be the temp of the shop??? Not too much warmer than usual but???  Just weird, and on white and black so I didn’t think it’s a liner issue?

1/8" is small. Weeding that must suck. Just sayin'.

Instead of trying to get the design done in a single cut, you can try and lower the force and cut it twice. I don't know if it will help, but at this point, it wouldn't hurt to try. You could also try and slow the cut speed.

I'm sure others will have some input, so stay tuned!

• Like 1

personally I wouldn't even try a job that small with reflective - others may disagree  - definitely not 6000 of them

36 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

personally I wouldn't even try a job that small with reflective - others may disagree  - definitely not 6000 of them

I actually do this job about every two weeks, normally not a big deal at all...just something about today.  It pays well enough that ive done it for over a year now...

• Confused 1

I messed one up and peeled it off the backing paper.  It’s too deep.  I usually have a dent from where the blade makes contact with the backing but this is cutting the backing paper just a bit.  I should ah e seen that when I weeded the first sheet with the test box cut but I didn’t.  I’ll update later when I recut the messed up one!

• Like 1