Sign in to follow this  
cardudenc

graphtec parts / schematics

like any of my other hobbies I get n to, I somehow usually get n to a lil buying/trading/selling. seems like a few of u on here do the same.  anyway ive found a couple used graphtecs with issues.

1 is a ce 5000-120   he says it worked fine and was hooked up thru a parallel cable. he let a friend borrow a part off of it, then when back together it wouldn't work again , says all mechanicals on the cutter work, just not the screen

the other is a  fc 7000-75  he says they used it where he worked and  he really don't rem what happened to it , but again screen issues, but this 1 isnt lighting up

mayb above my knowledge and abilities. but wouldn't mind giving them a try. that is if I can find pieces/parts and either repair manuals or schematics. I didn't ask if he was a member on here or not.

17 minutes ago, cardudenc said:

he has 3 cutters that need work for sell.  the fc isn't lighting up. c the oops above  will fix it

Will the FC7000 run?  Without it lighting up?  If so,  maybe it could be ran with the Graphtec Cutting Controller right from the computer.  That's all I do anyway.  I don't change anything on the vinyl cutter. 

Both cutters might be able to be ran from the Graphtec cutting Controllers right from your computer. 

• Like 1

hmmm!!!!  will have to dn load  the controller  on my comp then and check that out. some parts I have found for the graphtecs are as ive read in other post on here , as expensive as buying a running used cutter. I can pik these up reasonable enough.  hoping to find something I could get and fix somewhat reasonable, atleast cheaper n the end than buying a used 1 off ebay or craigslist.  just not sure im ready to start collecting parts machines yet. now jeeps, I have that stuff all over the place

The Graphtec Controller will not open until it is hooked up to a Graphtec Vinyl cutter.  And that the vinyl cutter is turned on and ready to cut.

How much do you plan to spend on a Graphtec cutter?  

Cardudenc

I know what you mean about parts being expensive. I needed a power supply for my vinyl cutter and went to the manufacturer they wanted big bucks for it.  After looking at the power supply I saw that it was manufactured buy a 3rd party.  I took the manufactures name and model number off of the power supply and found a new one on eBay for $22.00.

Keep that in mind when searching for electronics. 

Good luck if you decide to  purchase the Graphtecs.

Doug