Sign in to follow this  
tooler82

Will sub Work?

This may be for Dakota since I know he has a print & cut machine. Are our printers, such as our Mimaki CJV, able to do sublimation? Been searching online and it says garmets and sportswear but I think they’re talking about the heat transfer. 

I know that mutoh and rolands have been set up with sublimation ink for wide format things like entire shirts (think bass tournament and race teams - but it isn't something you can switch back and forth on the inks without considerable expense every time you switch - the mimaki may have sublimation ink available but again you will be wasting huge amounts of ink to switch it over from one to the other by the time you flush it and run enough new ink to make sure it is ONLY the ink you want printing at that time

• Like 1

Last I checked those heat presses to do those shirts are around $35-40,000.  USCutter was setting one up in the showroom 2 years ago - betting it didn't fly off the shelf with their target market

Also the actual high end folks sublimate before sewing the shirts together. The ones that they try and sub front and back of a prebuilt shirt end up with shite streaks in the armpits and just don't look that good. 

• Like 1