kawaii

VM spooler is not sending jobs to MH871

Hello all!

I am having difficulty is sending jobs to be cut via VM spooler. 

So, I have downloaded the software and installed it on Win10. I am using COM3 (actually now COM4) with the serial cable connecting the cutter and PC. 

The PC can command the cutter to do an "area test" and it will go. The cutter will respond to the detection commands even. However, when I send a job through it will take FOREVER to even load halfway (and the cutter has not done anything yet). After 5 minutes I to cancel the job, the spooler will not respond and I have to abort the job. However, it is THEN the cutter will move and cut half of the job. 

So I did a "J" letter just to see what would happen...It took from hitting the "cut now" button to actually getting it cut....10 minutes. For 1 letter!!! :blink: That's not normal. I've had another plotter from this company but it didn't give me this hard of time.

I checked device manager and the COM port it is using is active and recognizes the hardware.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software...same thing. I have been working on this...seriously, for 2 days straight!!! Plllllllllleeeeeease someone help me :*(

I just downloaded a trial of sure cuts a lot and it worked perfectly. What gives??

I really want to use vinylmaster since I have gotten used to it. Any suggestions anyone? Please?

THanks, 

Jay:(

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

You do have the baud rate at 4800 correct?  That is what is required for this cutter.  

Yes I did. I would do that in the device manager menu, correct? 

2 minutes ago, kawaii said:

Yes I did. I would do that in the device manager menu, correct? 

Vinyl Master software and device manager. 

which driver are you using in Vinyl Master?   Those value cutters are better off on a serial cable or a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter  That is the brand name.  

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

which driver are you using in Vinyl Master?   

how do I find this out? I'm not 100% sure on that...I'm so sorry!!

Also, the baud rate on the spooler is not letting me check anything under 9600. I can't change it to a 4800 because it doesn't give me that option. But I hit the "detect" button. the cutter instantaneously responds the first 2 tests, but there is about a 6 to 8 second pause...almost reaching that 10 seconds before the 3rd test responds.

i'm really sorry for the late reply...I am trying everything I can while I have someone here (forum --- you)  with me. But when I restart the program it takes the spooler so long to close. :(

29 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

#support@uscutter  

Oh yes, I have read everything I could pertaining to this problem...but I did not catch anything would help me. I even researched other forums. Yes, I did send a ticket. I hope they get back 

• Like 1

This is on the UScutter support page for your MH cutter

In Vinyl Master you will want to select File > Cut / Plot > Vinyl Spooler. Once the new window opens there will be a connection tab on the upper right. For current cutter it should say your MH series. Beneath that it will say direct USB port for connection. In the third drop down there will be an option to select a 7447 for the USB connection.  

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

This is on the UScutter support page for your MH cutter

In Vinyl Master you will want to select File > Cut / Plot > Vinyl Spooler. Once the new window opens there will be a connection tab on the upper right. For current cutter it should say your MH series. Beneath that it will say direct USB port for connection. In the third drop down there will be an option to select a 7447 for the USB connection.  

Yes, I saw that too...but the baud rate will not allow me to choose anything under 9600. I actually sent a feedback to the website just now.

the choices I have in the drop down box are: 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200

nothing under 9600

Not sure which MH cutters show up in Vinyl Master, but your newer cutter would be an MK2 series            It used to be baud rate 4800 when using Signblazer,  I wouldn't think Vinyl Master would be any different.     Maybe Vinyl Master will show up later this evening. 

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Not sure which MH cutters show up in Vinyl Master, but your newer cutter would be an MK2 series

When I go to add a cutter it pulls the MH - 365, 721, 871, 1351 and then the SC2's, SC,  and laserpoint 2 and 3 choices

I have the MH-871

and everything else pulls up corresponding with that cutter.

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Nothing more that I can add,  Contact tech support they are open.  

thank you for trying to help.

I really appreciate your time

Your welcome.  Those cutters are bottom of the barrel.  We try and steer people away from them.  Any cutter above it would have been much better. 

9 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Your welcome.  Those cutters are bottom of the barrel.  We try and steer people away from them.  Any cutter above it would have been much better. 

oh no! that's so sad (for me)!! LOL...what is a decent beginners plotter? I probably will EVENTURALLY branch out to the heat vinyl transfer(?) for shirts and other garments. Right now, it's mainly for my store signs and small decals for cars and stuff.

He's using the comm cable connection so the suggestions regarding USB will not be relevant. 9600 baud should work and is what is called out in the users manual. Might double check the setting on the cutter, although I can't find anything in the manual telling you how to change it so it might not be something that can be changed/checked.

Using the comm cable, the driver shouldn't matter either. The driver is for the USB connection.

This is where it used to show the baud of 4800 for Windows 7.    Is Windows 10 that much different?   Yes I know it is USB  showing. 

IMPORTANT: The Baud Rate in the cutter settings needs to be changed from 9600 to 4800. Turn on your cutter and follow the steps below. 1. Press the Setup button once or twice and look for Baud Rate 2. Press the left or right keys and change to 4800 3. Press the Reset button

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Support_PDF/USBSetup/MH/MH_USB_WIN7.pdf

Interesting, that appears to be telling you how to change the baud rate setting on the cutter. So I'd say, since your software can't be set to anything lower than 9600, to check the setting on the cutter and set it to 9600 if it is not already.

I am running Win7, using Inkscape to cut, connected with a comm cable and have mine set to 9600 and it works just fine. Something about the USB driver might require the slower speed, and is why it's specified in that document.

Guest Future Support

The first thing you should do is to ensure that the cutters baud rate is set to 9600 on the cutter. Then use the "Detect" option next to the baud rate in the vinyl spooler to identify the correct baud rate and flow control.

If you are having trouble with the driver, you can use windows to directly spool the file, by changing the connection method to "Windows Port" and select the correct COM port.
Any settings you apply in Device manager for that port will be used, so if you wanted to try a lower baud rate, you would be able to select it.

If your cutter has a USB cable, it would be much easier (and more reliable) to use that cable, rather than the outdated 9pin serial cable if possible.

If it was a higher end cutter the USB cable would be better, but this is a MH, that the USB connection is nothing more than a cheap USB to serial adapter chip. So using the comm port on the computer is better and more reliable because you do not need to convert between USB and serial communications.

And just because something is old does not mean it's out dated. The 9pin comm port is frequently used for all kinds of test equipment because it is so simple, and supported by nearly all operating systems. The only thing that makes it outdated is the fact that so many computer manufactures today do not put a comm port on the mother board but instead expect people to use a USB to serial adapter which also then requires a 3rd party driver which is just one more thing to not work.

Guest Bryan Williams

i have been using MH871  MK2 vinyl cutter for the last year. I used it last night and it was fine this morning i try to use it and all of a sudden nothing wants to load to the cutter. All the setting are the same and nothing has changed. The beaud rate is set on 9600 and it has been that way since ive recieved it and it has worked fine, like i said i used it just last night. When i run test it react perfect but when i add my graphic to be cut nothing happens except Status: Waiting to send. Ive tried usb and com connections and both are the same. Please help

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.