Murray

Signblazer and Foison C24

Hi all

I've got signblazer running and cutting with my Foison C24 

I'm disappointed with the accuracy overall. I've played around with the cut offset  but it doesn't really get much better.   It may have improved with the pen at 0 offset but the pen tip is fatter so I might just look more accurate. 

I couldn't see my cutter from the list,  from memory I used the creation 630. 

I wondering if this is the cause because my cutter is a 610mm.

Lettering under 12mm is almost pointless to try,  looks awful. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for improving the accuracy or is it the best this cutter can do.?

I'm not sure if is hardware or software at fault yet,  I've seen other versions of SB do they have a Foison C24 listed? 

Cheers in advance 

Foison C24 is on my version of Signblazer.   Look thru some of  Slice& Dice posts,  he has a Signblazer download that has Foison on it. .   He may come and post a new one for you.  

2nd post on this thread,  He has it underlined  Install SignBlazer Elements.   As soon as you click on it, the download will start,  With Google, mine starts in lower left corner

New version installed with Foison cutter,  still about the same looking.  

the text I'm cutting in the picture is 4mm and is meant to look  like the word below.  The distortion is uniform and even at 8mm lettering its cutting is pretty ordinary looking.

I've experimented with the over cut settings to no avail.

path5701.png.c7a79825e8f4991af452d16dfbce5194.png

turns out like this,  ive rubbed chalk into the cuts for clarity.  Sorry for the bad photo.

eg.thumb.jpg.bdc235ebf1d8909d723cd93a2e15a885.jpg

@MZ SKEETER Does your Foison do any better?    

The blade holder is setup so less than half a credit card is poking out and I have still got the pressure down to 4.

Any suggestions?

thanks

2 things - you are using at least 10 times too much blade exposure that will affect your offset - see below

understanding offset and overcut is important - overcut just makes the blade go a little past the end - offset adjust for the way a drag knife cutter like yours works

From Mz. skeeter and the method used most for accurate blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

offset.jpg

Offset1.jpg

3 hours ago, Murray said:

@MZ SKEETER Does your Foison do any better?    

The blade holder is setup so less than half a credit card is poking out and I have still got the pressure down to 4.

As stated you have way too much blade exposed. As stated you set the blade according to my instructions and you should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder.  Vinyl is very thin, you only cut with the very tip of the blade. Because you used that much blade, you should check and make sure that you didn't break the tip off now.  I don't have a Foison vinyl cutter.  I have a Graphtec.  

Thanks @MZ SKEETER and @Dakotagrafx   

Ill try less blade exposure and change the blade.

I previously said overcut when I was actually adjusting the blade offset....  like in this picture. Still, it never really got like the "good" picture @Dakotagrafx 's picture.

sb.png.d8ef4d29daf4c449cc495969e01f808a.png

Any other adjustments that can be made?

Getting the blade depth set correctly and then the blade offset will very likely solve your problems. Blade offset should be around 0.2mm I believe.

Thanks everyone,  looks like blade depth is the cause. 

Strange it didn't cut the backing paper being set so deep. 

Started adjusting depth of blade,  huge improvement already! 

Thanks again 

• Like 1

If the force is light enough it won't, but it won't cut well either, as you've discovered.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 6:38 PM, Murray said:

Thanks everyone,  looks like blade depth is the cause. 

Strange it didn't cut the backing paper being set so deep. 

Started adjusting depth of blade,  huge improvement already! 

Thanks again 

Common misconception that adding blade exposure will add depth of cut. Cutting depth is all about the pressure exerted on the cutting tool. Too much blade out just causes thing stop go all wonky. Yes thats a word. Just imagine if the blade was adjusted so it was sticking out 12 inches or something and how that would effect the accuracy and you start to get the picture.