Sign in to follow this  
arteinternational

Graphtech Condition 2 skewing

Good day to all,

Machine: Graphtech plotter  FC8600-130  64"

Trying to find a solution when i send my projects normally 50"w by 60"h  registration marks made with Ai Plugin, I assign condition 1 and condition 2 in CuttingMaster3 normally and it cuts well except when condition 2 starts...sometimes the first line cuts good but going up it begins to skew upwards each line it changes more eventually damaging the first cut.

All wheels are in their respective position with medium pressure.

One solution ive found without problem is sending condition 1 separate from condition 2  so each one sseparately works perfect... but for speed i want to send both at the same time. What could be the problem...a fix besides sending separate cuts  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

I was looking at the pinch roller adjustment in my user manual and it is best to have the 2 outside pinch rollers with more pressure than the inside pinch rollers. There is a page in the user manual for how your pinch rollers should be.  And I don't know if you knew it,  but you can get FREE  Graphtec ProStudio software from Graphtec for that vinyl cutter.  It is over $1000 software, like Flexisignpro..    I only use Flexi software with my Graphtecs.   Also, you don't state how you set your blade depth.  Hopefully blade depth is not dragging on your vinyl. 

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-graphtec-pro-studio-request-form/

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I was looking at the pinch roller adjustment in my user manual and it is best to have the 2 outside pinch rollers with more pressure than the inside pinch rollers. There is a page in the user manual for how your pinch rollers should be.  And I don't know if you knew it,  but you can get FREE  Graphtec ProStudio software from Graphtec for that vinyl cutter.  It is over $1000 software, like Flexisignpro..    I only use Flexi software with my Graphtecs.   Also, you don't state how you set your blade depth.  Hopefully blade depth is not dragging on your vinyl. 

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-graphtec-pro-studio-request-form/

Thanks  Ill let know if any makes a difference.

Is Graphtech Prostudio better than CuttingMaster?

7 minutes ago, arteinternational said:

Thanks  Ill let know if any makes a difference.

Is Graphtech Prostudio better than CuttingMaster?

cutmaster is a plug in - graphtec pro studio is just like full fledged flexisign pro except it doesn't have the RIP feature for our wide format solvent printers - so like comparing grub hub to a 5 star restaurant 

4 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

cutmaster is a plug in - graphtec pro studio is just like full fledged flexisign pro except it doesn't have the RIP feature for our wide format solvent printers - so like comparing grub hub to a 5 star restaurant 

Gotcha :D

• Like 1

Hello 

I tried changing the wheel pressure to outsidewheels strong...inside wheels medium  and with no change on the skew problem.

This is the setting for condition 2, I normally have the cutforce on 32 but was testing it on 36 

screen.png.a777accfa600e193a156e7d307501f3d.png

skeeter - you ever cut with pressure that high? I usually run 11-15 depending on material - think at 20 I could cut leather.   messing with pressure roller tension has never made things better in the thousands of post I have read - - - - it only causes more problems - will wait to hear from others

Never!!  does your blade even have a tip on it anymore. or anything left of the blade? :blink:  I am usually at around 10-11 with a new blade, Most ever 13 with about a blade  9-10 months old.  Is that a foreign measurement? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arteinternational said:

thats really good to know 

Im in a bit of rush but ill try and send blade pics tomorrow

Thanks!

Just put a new blade in and start over.  Using my instructions for setting blade depth. 

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Never!!  does your blade even have a tip on it anymore. or anything left of the blade? :blink:  I am usually at around 10-11 with a new blade, Most ever 13 with about a blade  9-10 months old.  Is that a foreign measurement? 

I used 15 once with some thick reflective on a over used blade - - - 

Did you ever try the GraphtecProStudio software that we gave you the form for?  Much better than what your using.  Are you sure that you don't have gouges in your cutting strip now? You should be able to see if the blade is damaged, compare it to a new blade. 

48 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

messing with pressure roller tension has never made things better in the thousands of post I have read - - - - it only causes more problems - will wait to hear from others

On the newer Graphtecs, It's just a matter of how far you push the lever down. They have steps on them.  Graphtec even has a chart for it in the user manual for 2, 3 and 4 pinch rollers. That is why I told him that. 

pinch rollers.JPG

48 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

On the newer Graphtecs, It's just a matter of how far you push the lever down. They have steps on them.  Graphtec even has a chart for it in the user manual for 2, 3 and 4 pinch rollers. That is why I told him that. 

pinch rollers.JPG

Thanks, that is new to me - still learning something weekly

Hello B)

This is an example of what happens

Top line is sending it with condition one and bottom line is the correct one that doesnt skew when i send it alone. btw it improved changing the force to 15 but the last line got messed up (see the pic)

Not sure if you can see thats the lenght i been using for condition 2....Blade looks fine 

2036636677_ScreenShot2018-09-12at4_26_23PM.png.7a53fe447d1633283c3febf71151385e.png

What has Graphtec tech support told you as far as help?    Your welcome.   Are you in the USA?   If not, the US Graphtec cutters are different.  They are Graphtec America. 

Well no matter what your cutting you have to set the blade depth correctly. and it's not just by looking at the blade.  This is how you set it correctly. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello

wanted to give an update about the "problem" i was having.:D

Looking on the condition settings i found the distance adjust  x: being 0.45% and y:0%

I changed x to 0% and it has fixed the skew problem 

gotta be careful when editing those settings 

thanks all for sharing 

• Like 1