Sign in to follow this  
Jaryn

SISER Metallic Heat Transfer Vinyl

Anyone else having the hardest time cutting this? no matter how much I increase the force I still have to peel in 2 layers and recut. 

using 60 degree blade

finally cut a few with my logo, pressed them on a t-shirt. Then washed the shirts and the material started to peel and looks crinkly like tin foil.

I have had no issues with the Siser Easyweed heat vinyl white or glow in the dark.

I am new to this. Have only cut about 100 t-shirts.

I am also using the Titan to cut ORAMASK 813 Paint Mask Stencil for sign making with no issues. I've cut about 500 of these using 45 degree blade.

Metallic looks awesome the first wearing and then yeah it crinkles and looks like you must have just crawled out of a dumpster. Something to consider when you get asked to build one. I have had the glitter fall off like you mention as well. I still get requests but usually warn them away especially if it's on a long life garment like a hoodie. 

I don't understand the "peel in two layers" statement. Please explain what that means and how you even peel and then re-cut. Are you leaving it in the machine? I only did metallic once and don't recall a problem cutting it but the heavy glitter is nasty stuff and will toast a blade real fast. I learned you have to guess a little high on pressure and be sure and punch through with enough force or your will basically sand off the tip if you go easy and scrape around in the glitter components. Hate that stuff. It's what I save my old take out blades for so I don't mess up my new ones. 

• Like 2

Great....news!!!  :(:(

I just ordered some of the Siser Silver Metal!

Sue2

• Haha 1

Thanks WG for the Siser Metalic review! 

:) I was able to cancel it since it hadn't been shipped yet.

BUT, don't know if I would order from that "Nation" again.  I placed my order on 9/2...a partial shipment (luckily without the Metallic) wasn't shipped till 9/6 and won't arrive here until 9/10. Yes, I had a 10% off coupon and free shipping so the savings was worth it....but I would have liked to be cutting this shirt order this weekend.

I had added the Metallic as a trial....is there any Metallic that holds up?

I haven't done a lot because of my one bad experience. There may be some out there that will not crinkle. Worth ordering in small pieces and testing if you are wanting to sell it. That's what I usually do if I'M worried about something. Thus the roll of silver glitter and also the reflective that I have sitting around here. I don't push either of those unless someone begs for it. 

I've cut thousand of yards of glitter and never had a problem with it. We  have garments that are 10 years old( before siser started producing their's) out there that looks like the day it was made