jskwarek

Importing SVG files to SCALP 4

I was given an AI file that when I import into SCALP it comes across but it's all blank. I can only see the item outlines if I click on it to select it. I have tried to add fill color as well as stroke color but it doesn't fill or show, still. 

Any thoughts to what I'm doing incorrectly? Attached is the AI file.

86txtroop.ai

I don't know enough about SCALP to know what is happening.  One thing that stands out is the artwork is larger than the canvas.  Maybe this gives SCALP grief.  Link below for a ai file with the canvas resized to match the artwork.  The color document model is using CMYK.  Maybe SCALP can't deal with cmyk?  I also am a bit confused what this has to do with SVG.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q766n6ummlb6h64/86txtroop resized.ai?dl=0

• Thanks 1

Thank you DCBevins. That's got me closer. The lines now show up but when I do a color fill, still not allowing me to fill. Guess that's not a huge deal as I can at least see the lines to cut and know the colors of vinyl.

Thanks again for the help. I've been working with the Texas Department of Public Safety to get permission to run their logo on my restored Texas Highway Patrol Mustang. Now that I've gotten permission, I can recreate the graphic. 

Jason

Here I resized it again and made it all RGB.  Probably should have lead with that.  I would be curious as if it makes any difference.  I saved from Illustrator CC to Illustrator CS6.  I am not as sure where all the color settings hide in Illustrator.  I mostly use CorelDraw.  But I am pretty sure I got it to be RGB.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o17o04ukaij2hrm/86txtroopResizedRGB.ai?dl=0

I'd save it as AI version 8. Any of the CS versions will have things that may not transfer as well. 

I'm using Illustrator 6 as I don't use it much so I didn't buy it with my cloud service. I've tried exporting as PDF and even then it comes across the same way. It's very strange.