Sign in to follow this  
cardudenc

anyone have any experience with a GCC Expert 24

ended up trading for 1 recently. def a different beast compared to my us cutter sc model  hey but it is quieter. whats the good bad and ugly?  heres the deal. just had back surgery and moved the 54" sc to the house and have started setting up a vinyl world headquarters in a spare room, well that's what a buddy likes to call it. the goal was to not take this big boat anchor back to the shop anyway. so was wanting a servo 24" cutter to take its place. well long story short, the Graphtec I thought I made a deal on, his stepdaughter wanted it more, so im sure everyone knows who won that 1. been playing with this Gcc since I traded  hmmm...… I have it cutting, in my scalps program of course. don't think VM will run a cutter like this. and now the mimaki ive mentioned a few times has came dn in price also. atleast its a servo. neither cutter comes with a stand. im using the gcc using my  app tape roller to feed the vinyl  working cool for now. so now also looking for a deal on another app roller. lol

oops, about to forget this comment. im really wondering where they came up with the model name...… Expert

I don't know why you would say that Vinyl Master wouldn't run a GCC Expert,   The non USCutter version has the drivers listed on it.  Sure it will run it.  Purchase from Vinyl Master site.  Vinyl Master can run hundreds of different vinyl cutters.   It's like any cutter you have to learn how to operate the buttons on it.  They all have to have the blade set, force and speed just like any cutter.  Go search for the user manual for it online. 

• Like 1

ok, maybe its just my version of VM wouldn't work with it.  the speed and pressure is set from the cut software unlike my sc cutter . I do it on the panel on the cutter

after seeing your comment I went to VM.com   I see GCC on there. but when I tried to use it on my version didn't see gcc anywhere. will keep digging

If you got your Vinyl Master with your vinyl cutter from USCutter. the GCC drivers won't be on it.   Only UScutter vinyl cutters are on UScutter version of Vinyl Master.  You will have to purchase the full cutter version from VinylMaster.com website. 

It looks like  Vinyl Master worked a deal with USCUTTER,  on the Vinyl Master 4 CUT.    It has the drivers for the UScutter vinyl cutter plus the vector program..    The vector program is not included in the regular Vinyl Master Cut4 software from the VinylMaster.com site.

well I hate to say it, but it seems US Cutter has jumped all in with VM software, and it never fails when im using it, it crashes and has to shut dn. and we are talking simple stuff, im not good enough to do major stuff. lol. a lot of my stuff is just txt. ive never had that issue with scalps. another buddy is a big flexi user. he is trying his best to get me to switch over to flexi. it does seem flexi is set up now to work with about anything

Contact Vinyl Master.    I have been using Flexi products since 2006.   I just got a great deal on Ebay for a Graphtec FC8000-75,  stand and basket in great shape.   for $1000,  took me 15 minites to fix it.  I already have the FC7000-75.   Then I got the Graphtec Pro Studio  for FREE from Graphtec  Over $1000 software.   There are still good deals out there,  you just have to have the money and jump on them.   I have picked up some good deals of Flexi on Ebay also.  

4 minutes ago, cardudenc said:

good find on the fc 8000  I will have to start looking on the bay more often

Yes, it was even FREE shipping,  Almost 100 pounds,  which made the deal even better.  I wasn't sure how it was going to run, but even if I had to get a new board, it would have been worth it.  That cutter new was over $4000.  And it is only a few years old.