Meucow

Titan - 1, 2, refurbished....ugh

Hello… I am really struggling on something . I currently use a silhouette cameo and it literally runs all day and all night… I use it to cut stencils to make wood signs.  The lettering are use can be big or a can go to a 1/4”.

I have a mac  and are you sure cuts a lot for all my designs. 

Money is tight…  really tight.  I understand the benefits of a servo motor....im  desperately  in need of a better machine than what I currently is… But again money is very tight. 

Can you all chime in on options for me… Even if I went with the original titan would I see some great improvement over what I currently use!?! Feeling so overwhelmed -big and important secision

thank you 

cindi

If you are that busy you should be putting some aside for upgrading your equipment.

If you are that busy and do not have extra to set aside you are probably charging too little for what you are producing.

Just my 2 cents.

Sue2

• Like 3

Get the best machine you can get for your budget. If you are comfortable with buying a refurb, that might get you a better machine. The servo motor is better than a stepper, no doubt about it. I would just try to stay away from the MH and SC series. I cannot speak to the new LaserPoint 3, but I can tell you that my first cutter was a LaserPoint when they were first released over 10+ years ago. I'm a hobbyist (with some light commercial applications), and it's still working. I've only recently upgraded to a Graphtec earlier this year, and WOW! what a difference. Make no mistake though, the my original LaserPoint worked very well for all the years that I've had it. It got my personal and commercial jobs done.

Decide what you'll be mostly cutting (and will possibly cut in the future), then you need to have specific to particular OS (PC or Mac), and what width you'd really like to buy. My LP is a 24" and so is my Graphtec. In all my years of cutting, I've only needed to outsource one (1) cutting job due to the size.

My thoughts on refurb are: if the company is willing to stand by their product and warranty, then I'm good.

It's big leap, but it'll be worth it!

• Like 2

remember whatever you chose the vinyl plotter is the heart of your operation - we see more people wishing they had upgraded than thinking 6 months down the road they spent too much

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

remember whatever you chose the vinyl plotter is the heart of your operation - we see more people wishing they had upgraded than thinking 6 months down the road they spent too much

Amen to that. 

• Like 1