Hi, Have just purchased a Graph Tec 6000 plus. As you would expect from a complete newbie I had dozens of questions but managed to find all the answers on this great forum.

Well, all except one because I am asking one...

I have been cutting jobs of various sizes that have been created in Adobe Illustrator. When cutting them I have been selecting a media size in the drop down print properties of AI that was larger than the job I intended to cut and have been getting along fine with this. I now have to cut a job 585mm wide by 1500mm long and for the life of me I can't work out how to get AI to let me select this media size. The "Custom" Selection is greyed out. So all I can cut in one go is small part of the job.

Am running the latest version of AI on a new PC. I typically send to print from AI and then send to the plotter from Graph Tec cutting plotter controller.

Have I given enough info above for anybody to understand what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Richie

Are you using Cutting Master at all?  I would think it would have "tiles" in it.  Mine is called panels. in my Flexi program

Thanks for the reply Skeeter, I clicked the link but it says it doesn't offer it to the plus version that I have.

Only Available For: FC8600 (May 2017 and earlier), FC8000, CE6000 (not plus version), FC4500, FC2250

I haven't used it but just opened it up and I can't see a reference to tiles. I did change the custom size to the size I wanted here but still can't select it in AI.

I thought there was a plug in for AI that came with the software, tried to install it but still can't see it.

I have not used either of those programs, so my questions may seem obvious, but what exactly do you mean you print from AI then plot from Graphtec?

I would assume the graphtec software would load a standard vector file such as an EPS so in AI you simply save the file as an EPS. Should not be any need to print.

So I have the Graphtec installed a a "printer" on AI. As soon as I send it to print from AI then the supplied cutting plotter controller opens (allowing me to set conditions etc) up and I cut from there.

That's what I understood from reading the set up guide etc when first installing the cutter. Has been working a treat for a couple of weeks now - until the big stuff.

It is also how my laser cutter works. As a printer from AI that opens up the laser controller, I thought it was the "done thing"