Sign in to follow this  
livinloudgraphics

Cant cut any further

As i bought this new cutter i thought it was pretty decent. But how can i actually use the whole sheet of vinyl?  seems to me graphtec should figure this out instead of selling me a machine that i can not use the whole section to cut something. If there is a way how do i do this . when i align it (vinyl) and move it to location it basically tells me to move it to the blue section. 

20180823_215210.jpg

Most users would move the vinyl over and use the end of the wide roller as the right hand side and the next roller over for the left side

test2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Most users would move the vinyl over and use the end of the wide roller as the right hand side and the next roller over for the right side

test2.jpg

OH MY GOSH Been having a really bad off day today,  SHALL I SAY!  thank you very much. i just don't understand why the cant make the blue strip the entire way across, so it wont cause it to not cut and stop.  

They put a grit spot on the drive every 6 inches and the wide one on the right that is adjustable so that you can cut any width. It makes sense once you think it through. 

• Like 1

Interestingly, having one long grit roller stretching across the entire machine is exactly how the lower-end Chinese cutters are built. (MH and SC).

Once you jump up in quality (LP3) the configuration of spaced grit rollers is implemented. Reason for this? Tracking precision.

The far right grit roller is almost 6 1/2 Inches long, so any width of vinyl can be used.  I also told the OP previously, to turn off  the media and pinch roller sensors,  They can cut edge to edge on vinyl.    I just bought a new to me, Graphtec FC8000-75 and that was the first thing that I did. I turned the sensors off.  

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

The far right grit roller is almost 6 1/2 Inches long, so any width of vinyl can be used.  I also told the OP previously, to turn off the media and pinch roller sensors,  They can cut edge to edge on vinyl.    I just bought a new to me, Graphtec FC8000-75 and that was the first thing that I did. I turned the sensors off.  

you can lead a greenhorn to the manual and training videos but you can't force them to learn . . . We was green once but I see he/she has been a member for 7 years . . .some learn quicker than others.

• Haha 1