Chudimac

What type of plastic and where to buy?

I've been getting a lot of requests for items like attached.  I haven't done signs yet so I'm new to this part.  I assume some sort of plastic with vinyl over.  I can't seem to find many options, information, etc.  What material would I use for items like these?  Can I paint a white plastic and then vinyl over our would I need to find colored plastics?  Thanks!

DBFD5A7F-A58C-49BD-ADBC-C15ADF8A2353.jpeg

Disney protects its characters with trademark and copyright registrations.

Anyway, these shapes are produced on special machines (CNC) using SINTRA probably, and for sure are not hand-cut!

cncmachine-25-1477397356.jpg

Hand-cutting through Sintra PVC is not so easy (I have to rescore my cut lines several times to get through that stuff). Go into a local sign shop, ask them for a scrap of it, and give it a go. Let us know what you discover.

• Thanks 1

Are you trying to make something long term or short? Short term you could probably just use coroplast or something like it.

Yes, these things are just for one time use for a birthday party.  Where do you normally but coroplast for the best price?  Can you paint it or do you just buy it in colors?

coro you can usually buy near you in colors - sintra I believe can be found at home depot

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

coro you can usually buy near you in colors - sintra I believe can be found at home depot

Home Depot? Wow, can someone inform the Home Depot here that they need to stock it! The only game in town to find this stuff is at my one and only sign shop warehouse, and even then, they only keep white and yellow stocked in different sizes, any other color is in a full sheet :o

• Like 1