MZ SKEETER

There are still great deals out there!!

I am always looking for a deal on vinyl cutters or software.  I was just browsing  Ebay a few weeks back, and up popped a great deal on a Graphtec FC8000-75  (30 inch) for $1000,  FREE shipping.  BUY IT NOW.  I made sure and read the ad really good.   I figured it was worth taking a chance on, for that price. It did show it powered on.  I got it yesterday,  It did have a small problem with it, the blade holder was not coming down to the cutting strip. So it would not cut.  After taking the carriage head cover off, I noticed that the cross cutter on it was locked and stopping the blade holder from coming down. All I had to do was slide it back over, and the blade holder came down and cut just fine.   It was a quick fix.  This cutter is not that old, only a few years, the model was upgraded to the FC8600.  This cutter came with the stand, basket and all in like new condition. After cleaning some tape off of the cutter and some dust, it was in great shape also.  This cutter sold new for over $4000, so if you just keep looking, and take a chance, there are still great deals out there on used high end vinyl cutters. 

The deal just got better.   I sent in the serial number to Graphtec, for this vinyl cutter and got the FREE Graphtec Studio Pro software which is worth over $1000.  It is like Flexisign pro without RIP drivers. 

• Like 4

Congratulations MZ SKEETER on the new to you vinyl cutter.  I would agree with you on being able to find great deals, you just got to keep looking .  That's  what I did when i got into cutting vinyl.  I bought a used Summa D60 and it's still going strong.  

• Like 3

On 8/22/2018 at 11:28 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

Thanks,  dwp99.   :D   I didn't need the cutter, but I couldn't pass it up at that price.

I did find one for $800 same as yours, fc8000-75... debating if I should take the 3 hour drive to go check it out

1 hour ago, MrJoel said:

I did find one for $800 same as yours, fc8000-75... debating if I should take the 3 hour drive to go check it out

Those cutters are well worth it..  Great price, if in good shape

58 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

Just picked one up...$500!!! 

Great!! ya see, there are still great deals out there for people who want to look, and know a little bit on what to check for.. 

6 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Great!! ya see, there are still great deals out there for people who want to look, and know a little bit on what to check for.. 

Going to get this thing up and cutting Monday.  Just wondering what speed and pressure settings you are at MZ SKEETER for like 631?  I want to start in the right ballpark! ;)

1 hour ago, MrJoel said:

Going to get this thing up and cutting Monday.  Just wondering what speed and pressure settings you are at MZ SKEETER for like 631?  I want to start in the right ballpark! ;)

The force STILL depends on how you set your blade depth, no matter what machine you set up. You start with the blade depth, that determines your force. You make test cuts to see what is correct for the vinyl you are cutting.   I run slow, always have.  I usually am answering questions on here while I cut.