Moose979

mh721 with artcut 2009 cutter doesn’t cut design properly?

Trying to set up new mh721 , had trouble getting the computer to send to the cutter . Now it dies but doesn’t look anything like the design I sent using the software ?  Machine test cuts perfectly off the control panel but the test cut looks a bit off through the software .. also the small disk that came with the machine is reading as a blank disk and from what I have seen on you tube it contains the cutters set up software ,, on my control for printers n devises it comes up as usb2.0 or com8 or something 

What do you mean the test cuts look a bit off? A photo would help.

I'm not failure with artcut but I'd go through it and double check all the settings and make sure they are correct for the cutter. The baud rate would be the main thing. If there is a setting regarding the comm protocal, your cutter uses HP-GL.

Other option would be to try different software. Signblazer is free, search the forums, links to it are posted several placed. There are other, newer, free to try software that you can use as well to at least determine if the problem is hardware or software.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone who had a good experience with Artcut software. I have a friend who bought a cutter from somewhere other than USC and it came with that program. I spent quite a bit of time trying to help him get it working to no avail. We ended up going to another program and getting the cutter running and then I left him to his own at that time and I don't know that he ever got it to run good. 

Hi, and welcome.

At any point, did you see the cutter actually operating correctly before you bought it?