THE BOSS

JUNK MH871-MK2

What a peice of junk I purchased from US cutter. I am not a professional by no means but was trying to get into lettering my own company vehicles after we repainted them as I hate to ask my son to do the lettering for our company as he never charges me and is always happy to make signs or digital prints for me. Plus I know vinyl is expensive and his employees time is not cheap.

The MH 871-MK2 never tracked right while cutting no matter what you did for medium to large jobs.

I even went to my son's sign shop in Denver to help me figure this thing out. even his tech looked at it and tried to figure it out.

I changed pinch rollers even put it up on a table to help with the material tracking after a while the material goes off to one side. We even checking the textured roller under the pinch wheels but nothing. It pulls materials straight then while cutting material starts going to one side. I have lost so much vinyl material that it is not funny. That's what I get for buying a cheap cutter. I took the shot gun and let 2 rounds off plus a base ball bat to finish off this MH871-MK2. 

Wow what a stress reliever after 5 years of fighting and fighting with this machine. But one good thing my wife bought me a Chinese cutter off of ebay that has a lot of features you 2000.00 dollar machine has. Well so much for doing signs and stickers on the side as a hobby. 

We always steer people away from the MH cutter, as it prone to many problems.  Having the blade exposed too far can cause the vinyl to shift while cutting like that.  Too many people think you set the blade depth 1/2 credit card  thickness., Which is way too much blade exposed.   5 years you dealt with that?  WOW.  But many people have great success with the MH cutter. 

So which cutter did you purchase from Ebay?   I can't think of any Chinese cutter that could come close to  Graphtec, Roland, or a Summa.  The closest with most any advanced features would be the Titan series,   sold at UScutter. which is a rebranded Saga brand vinyl cutter. 

• Like 3

The most common problem I think I see is people buying a new cutter for the first time is that they don't read the users forum to see what actual users report. Yours will go in a long list that most of the newbies seem to ignore or don't find until they already own one. Speaking to future buyers: If you want to get into cutting buy a little better than the very cheapest. That said there are several on the forum who have made them MH perform but it takes more effort and the results are less awesome. A step or two up is all it takes and the cost increase is negligible. 

• Like 2

During that 5 years what steps did you take to try to resolve the problems?  users on a user forum like this that own or have owned the machines have a lot of tips. support also might have been able to help.   the problem you describe, as mentioned above, we usually find is caused by too much blade exposure, not lining the vinyl up to begin with so it tracks straight or as you mentioned people messing with the tension on the pinch rollers (usually to reduce marks that are normal).   

With all that said not sure why you would buy a value hobby cutter to do your fleet graphics - it can be done but is much more difficult to get set up properly than a better cutter.

since you already shot it and feel better I guess we can not be of any help  -   

• Like 2

TheBoss said -- " I took the shot gun and let 2 rounds off plus a base ball bat to finish off this MH871-MK2.  "

OK, let's see the photos, or it didn't happen!

• Haha 1

Hey THE BOSS,

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your feelings regarding your troubles with the MH series vinyl cutter. While I can understand your feelings on the matter, and will make sure that your comments will be made available for other departments at the company to review and thoughtfully consider, I lament that you took such drastic measures to "resolve" your issue. Should you have another similar issue in the future with one of our cutters, I urge you to reach out to our support website for assistance. For reference, you can reach our contact center at 1-425-481-3555, Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM - 3:45 PM PST. 

We are always looking for ways to better take care of our customers, it's people like you that help us move forward!