Ironbar

Calendared vs Cast for Vehicle Graphics

I'm diving into the realm of purchasing either a Latex or Eco-Solvent printer.  In the past I have always done my vehicle graphics (not wraps) with Oracal 751.  Any suggestions on what to use for standard vehicle graphics when using a latex or solvent printer?  Cast vinyl is way more expensive and it seems like the ink is not going to last as long as the vinyl anyway even with lamination.  I'm open to any suggestions on what to use.  Does not have to be Oracal.

Thank you.

OEM solvent ink at least from roland I had on a truck unlaminated for 4 years with no fade or problem - laminated it going to be 7-8 I believe they say - so ink longevity is not a problem unless you go aftermarket - seen a lot of that work that doesn't hold up over time to save maybe $10 a cartridge so cost per decal is pennies or less

latex ink is duller  - I have a pro installer friend and he likes installing latex printed because of no outgassing but when it came time to buy his own printer he bought an eco solvent for the richer look.   

Roland and Mimaki printers you will be able to find parts many years down the road - most others are disposable after a couple of years if you need anything more than basic stuff

We have an HP design center near by.  I'm going to run by there on Monday and take a look at the HP prints to see how dull they are.  I've heard both ways.  Some say they are dull but not enough of a difference to keep them from purchasing one.  

I've talked to HP reps and Roland reps.  Both say 2-3 years laminated and 4-5 year non-laminated.  That being said, you have real-world results.  So, what media do you like to use for general purpose vehicle graphics?

I've read other threads where you made the comment about parts - believe me, it is lingering in the back of my head.  I like to keep equipment maintained and in operation for many years.