Guest Jtidwell Traffic Control

VinylMaster Pro 4.0 Jobs Stopping midway

I got it working. Have not had time to cut anything that mattters with it yet but a couple test cuts came out fine. Thanks for all you're help MZ SKEETER.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 9:48 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

Your welcome

Ok so i had a couple of decent size jobs to do tonight and i wasted so much vinyl, i am about ready to throw this piece of shit out in the yard. Every time i cut something, it would cut the file plus the path lines in which it takes to cut out what i am cutting. I dont know what to do. I am out nearly two rolls of vinyl because of this.

" Everytime Icut something, it would cut the file plus the path lines in which it takes to cut out what i am cutting. "

What does that mean?  Explain it.  Or show photos.  

Ok you know how it jumps from different sections of what ever your cuttting? Like it will start at the front and jump to the end and back and forth. its cutting the lines of the path its taking to get from one section to another.

lines.JPG

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

So how did you set your blade depth? And force?   Is the vinyl laying flat while it is cutting? 

The blade depth and force has not changed. i switched back to the usb and it dont do it  but now i have the stopping midway crap.

You didn't answer the question.  How did you set your blade depth and force?  There is a lot of incorrect info out there on setting the blade depth. How did you set it? 

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You didn't answer the question.  How did you set your blade depth and force?  There is a lot of incorrect info out there on setting the blade depth. How did you set it? 

i set it by doing test cuts. If its not doing it using a direct usb then it has to have something to do with the keyspan thing.

This is the correct way to set your blade depth.  

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

I understand blade depth and i have used the same method for all three cutters i have owned and never had this problem. I dont understand what blade depth has to do with whats going on with it stopping midway with USB connection and now cutting extra lines with the serial port adapter?

If you have too much blade exposed, it could be cutting those paths your talking about across your design.  The vinyl could also be lifting and not laying flat.   

I bought a MH cutter first "No problems" then bought a SC2 "no problems and now i have a Titan 3 SE and i having all these problems. I get what you are saying about the blade being too deep but if that was the case, it would do it while connected using the direct USB which it is not doing it while using USB.

25 minutes ago, Jp450r said:

I bought a MH cutter first "No problems" then bought a SC2 "no problems and now i have a Titan 3 SE and i having all these problems. I get what you are saying about the blade being too deep but if that was the case, it would do it while connected using the direct USB which it is not doing it while using USB.

Have you ever tried a different software?  Try something else.  There are other trials out there.  I am outta here. 

When you set that cutter up in Vinyl Master.  Did you set it up under UScutter Titan 3?  If so, did you ever try setting it up under Saga brand, and whatever model it is under Saga?     It is the same cutter,  just rebranded for UScutter.  Did it make any difference or just the same?  

46 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

When you set that cutter up in Vinyl Master.  Did you set it up under UScutter Titan 3?  If so, did you ever try setting it up under Saga brand, and whatever model it is under Saga?     It is the same cutter,  just rebranded for UScutter.  Did it make any difference or just the same?  

i will try that in the morning

When you turn the cutter on, does the cutter heat raise up? If it's cutting all the move lines it sounds like your Z-axis function is not working. Common failure on a MH cutter, I would expect a Titan to be a little more robust, but it's a possibility.

15 hours ago, darcshadow said:

When you turn the cutter on, does the cutter heat raise up? If it's cutting all the move lines it sounds like your Z-axis function is not working. Common failure on a MH cutter, I would expect a Titan to be a little more robust, but it's a possibility.

would i know if the heat is raised up?

8 minutes ago, Jp450r said:

would i know if the heat is raised up?

Pretty sure he meant carriage head.   Does it raise up when you turn the cutter on?  Or does it just stay down the whole time while it is cutting? 

Yes it raises up and stays up. I had a service call me and connected remotely to my laptop and checked everything and he said everything looked good. I think we narrowed it down to static. He didnt have an answer for the serial port thing but did say that a titan connects better using USB.

Guest David

So, I am having the same issue... however I have the ability to swap between VinylMaster V4.1 and Sure Cuts A Lot.. same file, same cutter (Titan3 15").. yesterday I was able to cut a couple jobs no issues, today it will not complete, stops 20 to 30% done.. so I switched over to the Mac and Sure Cuts A Lot.. ZERO issues, same cut files, same Titan3 cutter.. so IMO there is a bug in the VinylMaster program, not sure if it's the spooler, a buffer issue or what but something is off..

Sure hope there is a solution soon

34 minutes ago, Guest David said:

So, I am having the same issue... however I have the ability to swap between VinylMaster V4.1 and Sure Cuts A Lot.. same file, same cutter (Titan3 15").. yesterday I was able to cut a couple jobs no issues, today it will not complete, stops 20 to 30% done.. so I switched over to the Mac and Sure Cuts A Lot.. ZERO issues, same cut files, same Titan3 cutter.. so IMO there is a bug in the VinylMaster program, not sure if it's the spooler, a buffer issue or what but something is off..

Sure hope there is a solution soon

Set it to Direct USB. 

If this fails, then lodge a ticket with support to narrow down the issue as it will be some communications error at some point. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.