I had the MH 721 which had issues so i purchased the Pixmax 720 which is exactly the same as the MH721/720. Problem im having is when i try cut large items say over 30cm the cutter head keeps jumping up but the belts keep moving so the cuts are missed on the items. Small items arnt an issue cut great??? I just dont get it tried in Flexi sign, Sign cut and both do the same on different images aswell.

If anyone has an answer for this id be greatful its really doing my head in now, got to be a software issue surely if it cuts the small items fine. Why would this cause issue on larger items thats the cartridge would lift?? (for a few seconds then redrop leaving gaps in the cuts.

Both of those cutters have very limited memory on large and detailed orders. Could also be static from the vinyl. If using USB, those cutters don't have TRUE USB. They have a cheap Chinese chipset in them.  A Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter can make a better connection.  That is the brand name.  Make sure the cutter is grounded to the stand, if you have a stand.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Both of those cutters have very limited memory on large and detailed orders. Could also be static from the vinyl. If using USB, those cutters don't have TRUE USB. They have a cheap Chinese chipset in them.  A Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter can make a better connection.  That is the brand name.  Make sure the cutter is grounded to the stand, if you have a stand.  

I've had a cutter like this for over 6 years now no issue, this new one will do nothing these images are old been selling them for along time, its on a stand but ive put the new cutter on my old stand, stil doesnt explain the cutting small images fine. i do agree the memory isnt great i know that but my old machine cuts them ok. might have a fit once a month etc.

Just now, Dakotagrafx said:

maybe mainboard issue 

Im also with you on this i have contacted the supplyer as its crazy that its cuts small but not large items, Im also reading now could be static? but my other machine is fine on the same stand.

in the US we have seen 3 different mainboards over the years on the mh721 - not all change has been for the better

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

in the US we have seen 3 different mainboards over the years on the mh721 - not all change has been for the better

Just done another test and made a video, took the blade out and pressed cut, it goes nuts like its stuck making fast vibration noises ddddddddd then carrys on does again and again thats where the blade is rising. defo not right. Made video Link below!!!

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN4X8EeFho3xt74bUuxKTBlWxQKW2ZRFvqEDd_jdmktWrZIZRpaew5uPguWq7iaRQ?key=S1dJMUhKWXdDVHBSSFZrSUdtOVBsQ1FsQTI2dTNB

Over the years, yes we've seen this 'chattering' on the MH models, it's apparently related to motherboard failure (usually caused by static zapping through the electronics).

If you want to troubleshoot with another software --  SignBlazer  (use the RedSail driver in cutter setup).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

working fine on small designs and not on large would indicate static to me. My thinking is the smaller designs the vinyl is not moving as much so not building up as much static. Although from my experience when static is the problem the cutter just goes off into the weeds.

Ground your cutting stand, and switch to the comm port to start and see if that makes any difference.

• Thanks 1

Is it happening at a spot where the blade should be raising?  Pinball machines will make that same noise when a bumper switch sticks or the diode burns out on one. The electro magnet pulsates at high speed and sounds just like that.

On 8/15/2018 at 12:54 AM, slice&dice said:

Over the years, yes we've seen this 'chattering' on the MH models, it's apparently related to motherboard failure (usually caused by static zapping through the electronics).

If you want to troubleshoot with another software --  SignBlazer  (use the RedSail driver in cutter setup).

DONE ALL THAT DOES IT ANYWAY GETTING IT SWAPPED TOMMOROW THANKS

On 8/15/2018 at 3:41 PM, darcshadow said:

working fine on small designs and not on large would indicate static to me. My thinking is the smaller designs the vinyl is not moving as much so not building up as much static. Although from my experience when static is the problem the cutter just goes off into the weeds.

Ground your cutting stand, and switch to the comm port to start and see if that makes any difference.

Ive tried it all even swapped stands still dos it getting it swapped

1 hour ago, Rambo1984 said:

Ive tried it all even swapped stands still dos it getting it swapped

2 things - swapping stands does nothing about the cutter being isolated from the stand with rubber and paint - the reason for the ground wire mentioned - 2nd the board might already be damaged from static