I have been looking through thee forums for a while and haven't found an answer ( I HAVE searched and read a TON of GREAT stuff though!)

Long story short, helping a friend get his **new to him cutter** up and running. He had an old cutter of sorts in the windoze xp days that had hardware keys.

He lost a key, not sure what one he has left as the label is unreadable, he tried upgrading lxi version to a pro somewhere in time, and it broke them both, now he even lost his old versions of software winpc pro (perhaps uninstalled by someone else that *tried* to help) and lost all his files that were saved.

Bought vinylmaster 4 and seems like an alright software. We booted up his OLDER THAN DIRT laptop and got "most" of his old cutter files off of it.

Problem now is that we have a bunch of VE files and some WPC files that we cannot use.

Prefer not to purchase the other softwares again, ESPECIALLY since support seems to be non existent as I've left a few unreturned messages over the past month just trying to sort out what he might have for software key.

Anyone out there use either or both the lxi Vinyl express software and winpcpro willing to do some file conversions for us?

I own my own webserver and can be done easily via web download and ftp upload for files, and pay by paypal.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

If all of this stuff and files are older than dirt, why do you think you need them at all?  Are these copyright protected files? That belong to other companies?  If your friend was creating jobs for other companies, most of the old  files would be 1 offs.  What type of graphic files are they, category type? 

Try posting an lxi file here as long as it is not copyright protected. 

some are just lettering and he doesn't remember what the font was. Others are snowmobile graphics he designed for race sleds and would like to duplicate, not reinvent.
I will get some of these files and post a couple. As far as copyright protected, they are his original images and such. Just his "old stuff" from his "old setup".

3 hours ago, Deathtrap_454 said:

www.trignet.net/downloads/ve.zip

I just went in to a couple files and right clicked them, RENAME the file.  I removed the .ve and wrote  .eps and I had no problem importing them into my cutting software as an .eps file .  Give it a go. Copyright protected files there.    I am using Flexistarter 8.6

I looked - I passed = sample I tried had copyrighted trademarked material - I am NOT your huckleberry 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.