Scratchthejeepguy

Won't stick to painted walls?

I'm using Oracal 651 and Transfer Rite 1310G and am having problems with the vinyl sticking to the walls on painted smooth Sheetrock walls.  I've heard that Eggshell finishes can be hard to stick to but I'm not sure what type of paint it is.  Any suggestions to help get it to stick?

could be anything from easy clean paint with additives like teflon to residue on the wall - kid proof paint is made so nothing sticks to it.   wipe it down with alcohol and if that doesn't work punt

I pretty much quit installing on walls for this very reason. Even when the paint isn't a problem the walls are usually dusty and problematic. I think I've had worse luck when trying to clean them with anything other than a dry microfiber towel. My prices went to high due to actual time spent that the clients were getting upset thinking I was gouging them. After I stopped installing and they did a couple on their own they actually commented that they would be willing to pay the higher price but I still begged off. LOL

• Like 3