BCD

Looking for a part and advise for MH-871 MK2

I have a MK-871 MK2 

The roller bar on the cutter head side of the machine is wobbling all over.  We took the bottom off and there looks like a set screw assembly there that tightens down. when we tried to tighten it up small pieces fell out .... We loosened the nut and tightened the bolt and that helped some ..... I still have to run my vinyl all the way to the left away from the cutting head or it wanders to the left, I assume the rollers are not gripping it good enough. 

I called US CUTTER support they said I need the whole bar , that side anyway. BUT could not offer or sell me one since I bought the cutter second hand ??? NEVER HEARD OF THAT CRAP BEFORE ??

Any help ??

Oh also head head when it travels now sounds like its straining or dragging ??

IMG_8438.jpg

UScutter does not even have any such part for sale as a replacement part.   UScutter does not make these machines, they are imported from China. A Chinese  company named REFINE makes the MH vinyl cutters.  Contact them.  We try and steer people away from buying that MH vinyl cutter, as they are the bottom of the barrel vinyl cutters.  I have never heard of anyone having to replace the grit roller on any vinyl cutter. 

Maybe go on searchtempest.com and see if you can find a Refine MH for parts only cheap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCD said:

I have a MK-871 MK2 

The roller bar on the cutter head side of the machine is wobbling all over.  We took the bottom off and there looks like a set screw assembly there that tightens down. when we tried to tighten it up small pieces fell out .... We loosened the nut and tightened the bolt and that helped some ..... I still have to run my vinyl all the way to the left away from the cutting head or it wanders to the left, I assume the rollers are not gripping it good enough. 

I called US CUTTER support they said I need the whole bar , that side anyway. BUT could not offer or sell me one since I bought the cutter second hand ??? NEVER HEARD OF THAT CRAP BEFORE ??

Any help ??

Oh also head head when it travels now sounds like its straining or dragging ??

IMG_8343.MOV

IMG_8438.jpg

try buying a mutoh or hp printer for several thousand and find out you can't get parts a year or two later - that would hurt much worse than not having support on a plotter than only cost $279 brand new (24") - - - - - at that price they are disposable.  heck try to get parts for a tv anymore ( I went to 2 years of electronics specializing in radio and tv repair - luckily I spent my extra time studying the other modules that turned out useful much later in life) 

FYI be careful if you are selling hello kitty, chevy, ram, MLB like NY Yankees stuff - infringement will cost much more than a new machine . . .things like marvel owned punisher skull, etc 

• Like 1

It sucks, when things break and any replacement effort for a small part is hardly worth the time or energy expended.

That being said, it appears that the entire plastic retainer for the grit roller is shot. Now, if you can manage to remove it completely, intact, there is a possibility that you can have somebody produce a 3-D-printed item (scan the original and make a copy on  3-D plastic printer).