Hi guys,

im new here and im looking for a part for the MH721 cutter plotter. The proximity sensor red button has broken, causing the machine to go crazy on startup. Ive managed to take it all to bits and take the old one out I just need to find a replacment if anyone has any ideas please????

Ive attched pictures and as you will see the red button has come away from the wire.

Ive looked on google etc and cant seem to find what im looking for if anyone knows the correct name or model part id be well chuffed.

Thanks in advance.

38032741_10215217126918092_6849524383786991616_n.jpg

38072303_10215217127158098_3618902975042289664_n.jpg

38200124_10215217126758088_344636714226024448_n.jpg

uscuttter normally sells the switch but I just checked and they don't have them - with that said in the US the refine mh series has had at least 3 versions I know of and not sure if your UK version is the same as ours - it should just be a normal momentary switch but finding a UK distributor might be best for compatibility and shipping cost

• Thanks 1

thanks for the fast reply really appriciate it, If you could drop me some links id be greatful as i have no idea what im looking for unless i see it :(

As Dakota said, it's just a simple momentary switch, you should be able to pick up something at your local electronics store and make it work. You don't need something the exact shape or size. Just something you can affix to the cutter in the correct location. May not look pretty but you can do quite a bit with super glue, hot glue, and solder. :)

I can't tell exactly from your photos, but is it just a case of the wires came disconnected? If so, a little bit of soldering should take care of that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

uscuttter normally sells the switch but I just checked and they don't have them - with that said in the US the refine mh series has had at least 3 versions I know of and not sure if your UK version is the same as ours - it should just be a normal momentary switch but finding a UK distributor might be best for compatibility and shipping cost

I tried to fix it and they use plastic as the holder :(, its also a spring inside so cant be glues etc. Ive checked that site and they sell them I could kiss you guys!!!!!

gutted just saw out of stock lol, story of my life ive bought a new machine as have orders but want to fix this one so any other sites id appriciate it if you see any, I dont care about where from as long as can get one.

look for part numbers on it.  You can usually enter the part numbers into Google and see where you can get it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

the biggest question is - is it a normally open or normally closed momentary switch :/

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

look for part numbers on it.  You can usually enter the part numbers into Google and see where you can get it. 

It doesnt have anything on it, be cheap chinese crap lol

You might want to give UK Cutter a call - I can't imagine anyone selling Refine MH uctters and not having parts - not like they are reliable like a graphtec or roland

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

You might want to give UK Cutter a call - I can't imagine anyone selling Refine MH uctters and not having parts - not like they are reliable like a graphtec or roland

Ive emailed a few company's waiting on replys most dont care unless your buying a new one off them. Purchased another cutter the same as i need it asap but would love to fix this one spare or sell it. Might have to take a trip to electronic store see if they can make me one up.

Sent email to ukcutters thanks again for that link aswell.

make some money and put a little back from each job until you can upgrade to a graphtec - then you won't need a spare cutter or spare parts - took me years to work up to one but have never regretted it

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

make some money and put a little back from each job until you can upgrade to a graphtec - then you won't need a spare cutter or spare parts - took me years to work up to one but have never regretted it

I hate change thats my problem and these are good for the money but i do agree they break after a couple of years parts arnt great. whats the average price of the Graphtec cutter and are they easy to use?

38 minutes ago, Rambo1984 said:

I hate change thats my problem and these are good for the money but i do agree they break after a couple of years parts arnt great. whats the average price of the Graphtec cutter and are they easy to use?

price is about 6 mh cutters but I find much easier to use - no fiddling with settings like I always had to do with the value cutters and I can go on vacation for 3 weeks and cut a decal in minutes - with the value cutters it was always some fiddling around after setting - or changing material, or just cause it wanted some quality interactive time with me.  with the graphtec we do our business and go out separate ways til next time

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

price is about 6 mh cutters but I find much easier to use - no fiddling with settings like I always had to do with the value cutters and I can go on vacation for 3 weeks and cut a decal in minutes - with the value cutters it was always some fiddling around after setting - or changing material, or just cause it wanted some quality interactive time with me.  with the graphtec we do our business and go out separate ways til next time

Managed to find the part here in the uk off a shop on ebay lol (typical) £16 with delivery bit steep but it will do the job.

• Like 1