Bentot

WINPCSIGN is not cutting the inside of letters and skipping some letters

Hello there, i found this community helpful by just reading the discussion so i registered to post my problem. I can see you guys are pros,  im a newbie in cutting industry.  Im from Palawan,  Philippines..

This is my problem.. I have a red sail cutter that comes with a WINPCSIGN basic 2009 software. The cutter setting is good as it cuts the vinyl without cutting the backing.  When i cut a single line word/sentence it cuts ok.  But when i cut two lines,  it is skipping some letters and not cutting the inside of first letter.  For example O is just cut the outside not the inside.  

I hope someone could help me.  Thanks a lot in advance. 

Welcome aboard Bentot.

If we talk about a single word it cuts ok, but the second word on a different line has problems?

Is the second line a copy & paste of the first line?  Or is it a different word?

I am not familiar with WINPCSIGN, but if it is a copy & paste it sounds like you may not be grouping the entire word before doing the c&p.

WINPC should have some type of "outline view" or "wireframe view"; can you see the pieces that are not being cut?

Hi Cal. 

Thank u for the reply. Its a different word.. I can see the piece that is not being cut in the outline or wireframe view. I've tried different value of knife offset and now it is not cutting any letter just some crazy diagonal lines and the weed cut. The speed is 400 mm/s and pressure is 210g. But i think i dont have problems with it because it cuts ok. I think i've messed up the settings of my winpcsign software. Do you think there is a way to reset to default all the settings? I've tried uninstalling and installing again but the settings remain.

Both speed and pressure sound high to me but every cutter is different. I don't think speed or pressure would contribute to the problem you are fighting. To fix your blade offset make a small square like a half inch and cut it several times while making adjustments to the blade offset. Most offsets are somewhere around 0.35mm. You might go to SignCut Pro and do the free trial. They have live tech support and can get you running. I tried out winpcsign years ago and was not that impressed. 

Hi wildgoose.. Long time no reply, sorry for that. I would to thank u for ur detailed replies regarding my problem. 

I discovered the problem 2 months ago. It was on the settings of the red sail cutter under the communication port. I can cut now perfectly thanks to u and to red sail cutter manual. To those who have the same problem, they are open to reply on this thread.. 

• Like 1