Hi, Thomas.

Have you tried moving the machine across the room, maybe a change of position would help?    >:D

I don't know of anyone on here that has a flatbed cutter.  All I can offer you is a service manual for a Graphtec FC2230,  They should be very similar I would think.   Most of the regular cutters have the same codes and errors.  Graphtec has great tech support.  You never mentioned if you contacted them.  I would start there first. 

http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/manuals/FC2230/FC2230-UM-251 (02-1600).pdf

does the carriage or rollers attempt to move when it is turned on?   part of the troubleshooting flow chart in the manual Skeeter provided.   being over 20 years old sensors or motors might be good suspects.

Welcome from the USA

Hi. Thanks for the PDF. German Graphtec  support says there is nothing what they can do. This plotter is too old.

1 hour ago, ThomasOtt said:

Hi. Thanks for the PDF. German Graphtec  support says there is nothing what they can do. This plotter is too old.

Your welcome,  :D maybe something there can help you. 

Hi Skeeter, your problem probably goes in X or Y encoder motor problem, all depends what says your "Position Alarm", In that case you need to replace some motor, If you send me the user manual I can bring more help.

3 minutes ago, Vectronica said:

Hi Skeeter, your problem probably goes in X or Y encoder motor problem, all depends what says your "Position Alarm", In that case you need to replace some motor, If you send me the user manual I can bring more help.

I don't have a problem, do you?   Hi.