Sign in to follow this  
vandal_tbh

Rolling Decals for shipping???

Hey everyone, I am cutting decals that are 24" wide and need to be rolled and shipped in a shipping tube.  I keep reading that they can be safely shipped as long as they are rolled correctly.  I know they are supposed to be rolled face out, but that's all I've heard.  I use the roll that it's going in to roll the decal around, which helps, but I still get a little tunneling of the backing paper when I do this.  It seems to come out as the decal is unrolled, and no one has complained about it yet.

Are there any good techniques for rolling vinyl decals, or any "gotchas" that anyone can share?  Thanks in advance!

I ship it that way every day...I don't roll it around a tube,though. Never had any problems with tunneling,or any complaints. Suggest to the customer that the re-squeegie it before applying,to flatten it out. On any order of $10 or more, I include a squeegie.

Hey John, that's a nice touch about including a squeege.  Do you buy yours in bulk somewhere?? I want to try a couple of the rubber ones.

Jenny

yes,I get mine 100 at a time.

http://www.edecals.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=edecals&Product_Code=SUP103

the more you buy,the cheaper.

Hint: the ones I give away are ones I have used a bit...still good but edges not as clean as I like. I also put a sticker on each one with my info.

good deal on that,once I figured out how to actually navigate the website.I'll probably need some more in about 2 or 3 years. Still working on the 100 I bought a year ago.