Sign in to follow this  
Modtour4

Need help with this.

I need this to be vectored from png to eps. Can anyone help me out? My niece works for them and they have asked if I could do something for them but I can't get it to come out in a usable form.

Thanks in advance.

Russ

NFDA logo.png

That is one were autotrace in any program is going to have difficulties.  It is low resolution.  It has thin lines for the shadowing and brush bristles.  I would think only a manual trace would be viable.  It would not be too time consuming, but not trivial either.  That I think is why you haven't had many responses as it approaches real work.  I would suggest a commercial vectorization service if you need speed.  If you view this as opportunity, then get out your bezier tool/pen in your preferred program and learn it.  If you can't pay a commercial service, or can't figure out the bezier tool I might be willing to take a stab at it.  However, I don't think it makes sense to try to recreate it exact to form.  It would be better to lose the shadowing.  That would make it far simpler.  It would drop the color count a great deal.  Now, you have the blue of the letters and the brush, the light blue of the shadows, the black of some shadows and the bottom of the brush, the green of the tooth paste, the light green tooth paste shadow, and maybe white.  That is five or six colors.  Two or three would be simpler and easier if it were to be cut vinyl.  How true to form does it need to be?  What is their need for vector?  Production like cut vinyl?  Large format print?

• Like 2

David,

Thanks so much for your reply. I told her pretty much what you said...I can get you close but it won't be perfect. She tried to get in touch with the original designer but hasn't heard back.

I agree that the shadow should go and reduce to a few colors. I also know that the fonts are a mix of a couple of different fonts. I'll continue to work on it.

Thanks again for your help.

Russ

• Like 1

Here's a quick, 2 color redraw... Perhaps it can Help you.

It's far from perfect but the Price is Right ! ;)

NFDA_02b.png.eb8cd6f56114cc6d37817627d6a1f83c.png

NFDA_02b.svg

NFDA_02b.eps

edit:  "Norwich Family Dental Associates" that appears below your posted image

looks to be either Times New Roman (bold italic) or the similar, Adobe Caslon ?

• Like 4