I have a Sc 1261, 53" cutter, i updated the driver and now it is not recognized by my computer. It was before this, I have windows 10.  Also need help with a driver for Flexi12 if you have a ione out yet.

I would contact support on the driver problem (personally I would delete the driver first and try reinstall before I called to quicken the troubleshooting) - on flexi 12 that would require contacting SAI directly  - - - SAI is the maker of flexi12 -  you can try the liyu drivers if a sc1 but so far the members on the forum are not sure who the maker is of the sc2.  USCutter empolyees seldom visit the user forum so your quickest results would be to call support

• Like 1

My SC2 is driven by LiYu OEM model from within SignBlazerElements.

• Like 1

Please give me insruction on how to remove the driver, and the drivers that are on us cutter only goes up to windows 7 for this printer, and it worked for the last 2 years on windows 10 on this computer

if you are the original owner purchasing from them they will help as long as you have the product - if you purchased second hand that is a different story - if you did purchase from them give them a call.   PS it is a plotter and not a printer - they do not function the same.  IF your flexi 12 is legit call SAI and they will help you too  - they are great to work with

• Like 2

Yes Flexi is the best on customer service, they were already helping me try to get the plotter to connect to flexi, and they told me to call US Cutter. I will try to remove driverand see what that does. It has been 2 days and US cutter still has not gotten back to me. I see they are on here but have not responded here either. Not very good customer service.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, jholli3098@att.net said:

Yes Flexi is the best on customer service, they were already helping me try to get the plotter to connect to flexi, and they told me to call US Cutter. I will try to remove driverand see what that does. It has been 2 days and US cutter still has not gotten back to me. I see they are on here but have not responded here either. Not very good customer service.

I haven't seen uscutter staff on the forum for months - which post did you see then respond to recently?   I called them last week about an issue with an order by phone and had no problem getting thru

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Jimmy, if I were facing a serious support issue, with ANYTHING, I certainly would not be sitting around for two days just hanging by the phone for a tech. I've never encountered any problem contacting USCutter personnel, just keep in mind they are on the west coast.

(425) 902-1302

(425) 902-1305  (main #)

(425) 481-3555

Fax: (425) 284 3169  (yes, using the Fax number is an alternative way to send an urgent message !)

==================================

So far, this is what we know ---  You own an SC cutter. It doesn't communicate with your computer anymore (since an update within Windows).

Let's get some information about how you have the SC connected to the computer? (USB or serial)? Do you know how to go into your computer settings (hardware & devices) and verify the PORT access? Have you attempted to run the cutter using SignBlazer? If not, why not?

C'mon Jimmy, this ain't rocket science. Just give us something to work with, and we'll see what's what.

• Like 3

Slice and dice, 

Ihad the thing working yesterday, printed out lettering in vinyl master, it is connected by a usb port, and I will try other numbers to call them.  I only use this during the summer when I am doing gym floor logos.  I have used other devices in the com port 3 that the plotter is using and it recognizes the other components, so yes I have test other things in the com prot that I have tried with the plotter.  I have uninstalled driver for vinyl master and plotter and reinstalled,  it does have a rs-282c port, a 9pin cable port, besides the parrellal port cable.  that it wil the nest tthing to try.

never heard of sign blazer, just using software that came with plotter.

Many people have used the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter for the value cutters like the SC.  It is the only USB to serial cable that will work with a vinyl cutter. 

Forget the word "printer"  A vinyl cutter is not a printer. totally different operation. 

Find the best price    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter/312149952648?hash=item48ad964888%3Ag%3AwMEAAOSwrptbEtik&_sacat=0&_nkw=tripp+lite+keyspan+adapter&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

34 minutes ago, jholli3098@att.net said:

I know it is a plotter, i  only use this plotter during the summer doing gym floor logos and lettering, I am a wood floor guy

The USB chip in the value cutters are not TRUE USB,  they are a cheap Chinese chip and are hit or miss.  Some people don't have problems with the cheap USB chip on the value cutters, others nothing but problems. The Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter makes the cutter have a much better connection like the TRUE USB on the higher end cutters. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, jholli3098@att.net said:

Slice and dice,

I never heard of sign blazer, just using software that came with plotter.

Here ya go -- http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

and the CDM20828 driver for the USB chipset.http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe

What in the world ?

Why, in this day and age, 2019!, would USCutter need to cut corners in the (new) SC design, by going with a "cheap Chinese USB chip" that  "..isn't really USB..." ?

I saw mention "we don't know who's building the SC yet..." ?

Is USCutter not even involved in the design ? Is the SC just an odd, unknown Chinese-clone serial-port cutter with after-thought USB support ?

I was about to buy an SC28, and connect USB2 or maybe even USB3 to Win10.

Now I'm worried.

25 minutes ago, Stenn said:

What in the world ?

Why, in this day and age, 2019!, would USCutter need to cut corners in the (new) SC design, by going with a "cheap Chinese USB chip" that  "..isn't really USB..." ?

I saw mention "we don't know who's building the SC yet..." ?

Is USCutter not even involved in the design ? Is the SC just an odd, unknown Chinese-clone serial-port cutter with after-thought USB support ?

I was about to buy an SC28, and connect USB2 or maybe even USB3 to Win10.

Now I'm worried.

2 things - first this is a userforum and we seldom get input from uscutter on anything - most is what we have discovered from years of use and troubleshooting with other users

2nd the emulation chips that convert usb to serial (what the boards generally use for communicaiton) is common amongst all of the value cutters sold by everyone - until you get up to the titan series do you really get a better chipset.  if you want the best go with a graphtec and be done with it - otherwise sacrifices are made to sell cutters at as low of a price as they do

Thanks...

That's really incredible though...USB is cheap and universal, for more than a decade...REALTEK is the Daddy of cheap-but-universal chip-makers, EVERY PC uses them to go as cheap as possible...it's unfathomable any other chip would be implemented in a design that wouldn't be fully recognized and supported by Windows in 2019.

It looks to me it's really the hardware that's the issue...the niche market of the vinyl cutter originally designed as a serial device 15 years or more ago?, that the Chinese clone-makers are just hodge-podge patching to work with USB, even to this day ?

I doubt I'll be getting deep enough to justify Graphtec...but suspected rock-bottom MH was false-economy....so I was hoping the SC line was an adequate step up ?

Just now, Stenn said:

Thanks...

That's really incredible though...USB is cheap and universal, for more than a decade...REALTEK is the Daddy of cheap-but-universal chip-makers, EVERY PC uses them to go as cheap as possible...it's unfathomable any other chip would be implemented in a design that wouldn't be fully recognized and supported by Windows in 2019.

It looks to me it's really the hardware that's the issue...the niche market of the vinyl cutter originally designed as a serial device 15 years or more ago?, that the Chinese clone-makers are just hodge-podge patching to work with USB, even to this day ?    pretty much on cheaper units

I doubt I'll be getting deep enough to justify Graphtec...but suspected rock-bottom MH was false-economy....so I was hoping the SC line was an adequate step up ?
The sc2 has proven to be a good starter plotter for most people - definitely a step up from the mh series in memory and reliability  -  

It is amazing to me that with the thousands made over the years that servo motors have not came down in price and just eliminated the steppers altogether - but people starting out look for the cheapest units they can find and that is what sells thousands of plotters.  also the reason that those that stay in the business take profits and move up over the years to better units

• Like 1

Re: "...with the thousands made over the years, that servo motors have not come down..."

It's not just the servo motor itself...it's the much more complicated servo control circuitry...so the whole cutter design using servo motors is more "complicated" than the simpler "digital" control of steppers.

31 minutes ago, Stenn said:

Re: "...with the thousands made over the years, that servo motors have not come down..."

It's not just the servo motor itself...it's the much more complicated servo control circuitry...so the whole cutter design using servo motors is more "complicated" than the simpler "digital" control of steppers.

Charlie Ergan said the designers at dish could put a dollar into the units for every two dollars they saved from upgrades in circuitry , over the years major upgrades have been made and cheaper.  I am sure that holds true for most items like this that advances can be made.   It is just easier for them to not put the effort into more advanced circuitry even over 15 years.   

Don't discount good old RS-232 comms. They actually have a few advantages over USB. The protocol is extremely simply and easy to implement, hence it's cheap. The data being sent to a cutter is pretty small, a few hundred K usually so there is no need for the super high speed of USB. And the range of RS-232 dwarfs that of USB, you can easily have a 30' comm cable with no problems, but USB anything past 6' and you can start to get flaky results and require a powered hub/repeater to get further distance. It really is a shame comm ports are no longer common on computer because they are so very versatile and there are tons of hardware that still use them, especially in the test equipment world. The perceived advantage of USB is that it's universal, which in reality, it's not. Every device that is USB requires a driver that the computer has to load before it can even use the software to talk to the machine, yes there are tons of drivers pre-loaded in windows but it's not truely universal. Where as a computer with a comm port can talk to anything else with a comm port,  you just need the software and correct settings.

• Like 1