Hi y'all I don't know if this is the right place, I couldn't seem to find a specific sub-forum for this.

I have a customer who wants silver or gold stickers for the inside of the car window, so that it can be seen from the outside (so obviously reversing the design) - but is there any front facing adhesive type vinyl like this? I cannot seem to locate.

Thanks!

I was told 8 years ago from a Oracal rep that they do NOT recommend installing inside the window as the adhesive is not UV protected like the vinyl is - with that said many people do it and squeegee the devil out of it - keep in mind that any bubbles, etc will be far more apparent so skill level comes into play too.   make sure to mention the disclaimer about not being advised by the vinyl mfg.   Some car windows offer a degree of UV protection so that may help but in the Nevada heat it should be interesting and will be interested on how they hold up over the first year if you get a chance to give feedback later on

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I was told 8 years ago from a Oracal rep that they do NOT recommend installing inside the window as the adhesive is not UV protected like the vinyl is - with that said many people do it and squeegee the devil out of it - keep in mind that any bubbles, etc will be far more apparent so skill level comes into play too.   make sure to mention the disclaimer about not being advised by the vinyl mfg.   Some car windows offer a degree of UV protection so that may help but in the Nevada heat it should be interesting and will be interested on how they hold up over the first year if you get a chance to give feedback later on

That was kinda my fear, I didn't know if there is a such thing as UV protected vinyl with front adhesive. Does this even exist?

3 minutes ago, bill9000 said:

That was kinda my fear, I didn't know if there is a such thing as UV protected vinyl with front adhesive. Does this even exist?

Most all of your VINYLS are UV protected...the problem is the adhesive which would be facing the outside/sun.

The adhesive would have to be specially made to stand up to the UV...I don't know of any.

Sue2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bill9000 said:

no UV adhesive I know of or has been presented at trade shows

But be sure that Sally with her Cricut would do it in a heartbeat - 

• Like 2