Sign in to follow this  
gm2k8

cd6000 can't cut past rollers even with sensors off

Ok I finally got a new ce6000 plus, there are some quirks that i just cant seem to get by with this new machine. I mean it works great and i am still tweaking it some but I went in and turned off the roller sensors and media sensors because it was basically wasting material. But now even with those cut off and I set "expand" to go beyond the rollers, I cannot get it to cut the left hand side of a design that worked perfectly fine with my old vinyl cutter. It cuts all the way to about 3/4" of the end of the vinyl and it will lift up and move on to another section. It never closes the gaps on that side for boxes. I have read the manual and watched videos on how to make sure the sensors are off but for the life of me I cannot get this cutter to cut past the rollers. any help?

5 hours ago, gm2k8 said:

Ok I finally got a new ce6000 plus, there are some quirks that i just cant seem to get by with this new machine. I mean it works great and i am still tweaking it some but I went in and turned off the roller sensors and media sensors because it was basically wasting material. But now even with those cut off and I set "expand" to go beyond the rollers, I cannot get it to cut the left hand side of a design that worked perfectly fine with my old vinyl cutter. It cuts all the way to about 3/4" of the end of the vinyl and it will lift up and move on to another section. It never closes the gaps on that side for boxes. I have read the manual and watched videos on how to make sure the sensors are off but for the life of me I cannot get this cutter to cut past the rollers. any help?

You turned off the media sensors and pinch roller sensor..You should not have to mess  with expand. . Also make sure in the cutting software, that the media width is as far as it needs to be.  Something like 23.75"  I think. This is set by using the driver for the CE6000-60  should set that media. Make sure the layout box is larger than your design. Always cut lower right corner.  You have to go into the cutter menu and set that. Show a screen shot of the full layout screen with it ready to cut. 

18 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You turned off the media sensors and pinch roller sensor..You should not have to mess  with expand. . Also make sure in the cutting software, that the media width is as far as it needs to be.  Something like 23.75"  I think. This is set by using the driver for the CE6000-60  should set that media. Make sure the layout box is larger than your design. Always cut lower right corner.  You have to go into the cutter menu and set that. Show a screen shot of the full layout screen with it ready to cut. 

thats what i thought.. i have the media and pinch roller sensors turned off from day one.. so i shouldnt even need to mess with expand.. hmmm.. i'll try that here in a few mins.. i also noted that my working space is larger than what im cutting and it shows on the bottom right in the orientation that i wanted.. i'll test this out and get back Skeeter

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

When you set the cutter up, to cut,  does it still try to measure the width of the vinyl?  

not since i turned off sensors

Can you show a picture of looking at your vinyl cutter, showing the pinch rollers and carriage head?  Like your ready to cut something. 

46 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Then that should not be the problem.  

ok do you physically move your cutter head to the start point of the material then his "origin" and also is there a way to advance the material faster to make sure its lined up with the cut head further down the material? when i press down key it is so slow lol  (NEVERMIND.. i remembered i read hold down "Fast" button)

Why do you have the left pinch roller so far over to the left of the vinyl? I put my pinch rollers about 1 inch inside the vinyl on both sides. It tracks perfect.  It still has to be lined up into the  above to the Blue mark on the frame. Picture doesn't look like it is.  Look at it straight on, and not to the side.   That cutter has AUTO feed.  To measure the length of the vinyl you want to cut.  Why aren't you using it?  Pretty ez.  Set the amount and it pre feeds and puts the roller tracks in the vinyl so the tracking is good. 

Move the carriage head way to the left so I can see how you have the right side of the pinch rollers. 

Something else,  Have you ever downloaded the Graphtec Cutting Controller and just used it, instead of changing settings on the vinyl cutter.  Love it.  Very easy. It runs right from your computer. as long as it is Windows. 

I don't set my vinyl on any line to make it feed straight,  It already does feed straight, if you set it up correctly. 

13 hours ago, gm2k8 said:

ok do you physically move your cutter head to the start point of the material then his "origin" and also is there a way to advance the material faster to make sure its lined up with the cut head further down the material? when i press down key it is so slow lol  (NEVERMIND.. i remembered i read hold down "Fast" button)

I move my cutter head to the right side of the vinyl by hand gently before I ever turn the power on the cutter.  All I have to do is close the load media, rear roll, enter. menu ,next, prefeed, , enter amount, enter,  it prefeeds vinyl and back,  Then press menu again. Your back to your regular screen.  Hit ORIGIN.  It's ready to send design.   I cut on Condition 9, which is thru the Graphtec Cutting Controller. All force, speed and most any settings can be ran thru the Graphtec Cutting Controller from my computer. 

I am using A Graphtec FC7000-30,  But we also have 2 Graphtec CE5000-60, which is very similar to the Ce6000-60.  Both sensors are off on all cutters. 

sorry got tied up with other issues and went back to the cutter.. i had the rollers close to the edge because i thought you had to use the sensors before i turned them off.. good news is after messing with it i saw your response and i have been moving the  cutter head to the right before i turn it on. Then i have the rollers on the blue areas but farther inside then i previously had it. I still haven't tested the prefeed yet but I will soon. So far the cutter is working great. Thanks MzSkeeter for all the help. Any other tips you can share I would appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Your welcome,  did you ever download the Graphtec Cutting Contoller and use it?  That is the only way I run my cutter, right from the computer.