firemalt

Free online pricing guides

Thanks I'm going to check it out.  Always like checking out other pricing ideas.

Jenny

Firemalt, there's a lot of good information on this site. Did you check out his cutter recommendations?

If I charged those prices,or even HALF,I would be out of business real fast.

John, maybe those prices you charge to corporations!!!  They don't seem to mind overspending!!  :lol:

they look like more what you would charge Governments.

So, I am not in this business, won't be in this business but I used the calculator to figure one banner 24*60 with high performance vinyl and it came to $88 dollars.

Are you saying you routinely do it for $44.00 or less?  I have purchased banners and never paid that little, nor do I see how you could make more than 20 bucks making a banner like that at 44 bucks.  I could be wrong and I apologize upfront for that but the biggest problem most small business owners do to themselves is charge too little for their work when the market would bear much more.    People go to pro's because they are skilled.  I don't have time to shop around to save a 1.98  I just want the thing I want and I want it right. :lol:

locally, the going rate for a 24 inch wide banner is $10 a running foot. A 2x5 would be $50.

My actual cost for a banner that size is $7-9 including the vinyl. It takes me about an hour. I consider $40 for an hour's work a good wage.

Yes, I would too, but it depends on your situation and overhead.

What if you have a store front, employee, running the AC, health insurance, liability insurance, wear and tear on the machines and accounting for upgrades etc,etc, etc.

That 40 might turn into 30,20,10 real quick depending on the situation.  Just sayin :lol:

the $10 a running foot I quotes IS what the locals charge...the ones with the storefronts,etc. I have seen as high as 12.Occasionally I call around to check on prices...the last quote I got for a 2x10 was $120....$12 a running foot.

You have to base your prices on the competition...or they get the business and you don't. From what I heasr,in California,they ask and can get the high prices...not here.

Hey John where do you get banners that cheap from? The cheap as I have found them for is 13 each?

Robby

Robby... do a search for banner or banner from the main page. John posted his supplier a while back. $0.50 a sq. ft., custom sizes.

I just purchased 16 - 1'x4' banners from them Monday morning.

thats the one...I"ve been buying from him 2 years now,probably 800 plus banners altogether,with no problems.

I have a buddy in Evansville who buys bulk material, 3' width. He used to buy 5', so he would offer 5', 3' or 2' banners, but he found that 3 was the most popular so he stocks only 3', unhemmed. He doesn't hem them, cuts to length and uses tape to reinforce the grommets. He sells 3'x8' for $99 all day long and says he is told he's the cheapest guy his customers have found. He's had no complaints on not hemming, and has sold over a 1,000 banners in the past 3 years.

If I were gonna seriously do banners I would follow his footsteps. But, that's me.

good proce for that size. I wouldn't do a banner without hem for outdoor or long-term use though. I've seen them frey at the edges.Badly.BUT as long as the customer understands up front, they have nothing to complain about.

I just placed an order with him today!!!! I'm SO excited.  We have a couple parades coming up over the next couple of months, so I'm going to try to get some sold for that.

Jenny