Hi

I have a 600 mm Creation PCUT 630 vinyl cutter. I put up a new blade yesterday as the previous one was damaged. I had to put up an aftermarket blade I got from EBAY as the supplier had them out of stock and I had some urgent work to do.

I ran the blade on following setting

Press: 86

Speed:40 (small text was to be cut)

I found that the edges are not coming up square. Please have a look at the attached picture. The word CARBON is a mess.

Is it the problem with the knife offset or may be because of new blade it was going deep into the vinyl?

Do we need to adjust the knife offset every time we change the blade please?

Please share some inputs

Regards

IMG_20180627_081544.jpg

when you do the test cut from the plotter are the corners square ?   if not offset issue.  pretty hard to diagnose thru app tape

Are the new blades the same degree angle as the old one?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cal said:

Are the new blades the same degree angle as the old one?

Yes the new blades are 45 deg blades, exactly same as the old ones, just from a different supplier

2 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

when you do the test cut from the plotter are the corners square ?   if not offset issue.  pretty hard to diagnose thru app tape

The corners are a little bit rounded but not bad as compared to the edges of the letters. Do I need to increase the offset or decrease it. I am currently running it on 0.25

34 minutes ago, kainth.c.s said:

The corners are a little bit rounded but not bad as compared to the edges of the letters. Do I need to increase the offset or decrease it. I am currently running it on 0.25

Helping you to understand what offset is and when to change which way will help you far more in the future than telling you which way to change it - the teach a man to fish philosophy 

offset.jpg

Offset1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You also mentioned the blade was going deep, reset your blade depth following Mz. Skeeter's instructions found all over the place on these forums including a sticking in the instructions section.

• Like 2

Just of curiosity, can I run a cemented carbide blade on this cutter(creation Pcut ct630)? the original onea that I got with cutter were Tungsten steel I guess and I have a cemented carbide blade with me.

As long as the blade is the correct size I don't think composition will matter. 

Thanks. I cut a rectangle with rounded corners yesterday and found the start and the end points are different. I guess this is an offest related issue. Right????

IMG_20180629_064228.jpg

IMG_20180629_064232.jpg

I couldn't tell offset from something that big - so no idea from what you posted.  I would think if an offset issue it would be showing on the corners of that triangle more than anything else.  did you zoom in close on that part of your vector image to check for errors>

• Thanks 1

Offset affects corner sharpness, start and stop points not matching up is a tracking issue or a file issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2018 at 8:17 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

I couldn't tell offset from something that big - so no idea from what you posted.  I would think if an offset issue it would be showing on the corners of that triangle more than anything else.  did you zoom in close on that part of your vector image to check for errors>

Yes, I did check the file for errors. The catch is, when I did it for the second time, it came up perfect!!!!!

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 4:01 PM, kainth.c.s said:

Yes, I did check the file for errors. The catch is, when I did it for the second time, it came up perfect!!!!!

I ran a P-Cut for several years. You are just experiencing tracking problems that are sort of the way it goes with that level of machine. The erroneous spot looks to be the start and stop point of that outer line. 

On 7/6/2018 at 10:26 AM, Wildgoose said:

I ran a P-Cut for several years. You are just experiencing tracking problems that are sort of the way it goes with that level of machine. The erroneous spot looks to be the start and stop point of that outer line. 

Yes pal. I am also of the same opinion

• Like 1