Either your blade is too far out of blade holder or your vinyl is not laying flat... So how did you set your blade depth? 

You can barely see the blade poking out...I read your response to someone else about it being less than 1/2 a credit card lengths out..it is less than that. You almost can't even see the blade poking out. The vinyl seems to be lying flat..maybe not as flat as it could though. It seems like it bubbles up in the middle after pulling it right to lock it down?

well thats not right.  Has it always been that low?  Does it come back up when you turn the cutter power off?  Try doing a factory reset and see if it comes up. 

Its inconsistent..sometimes its low and sometimes it's normal. We have done the factory reset multiple times :(

Yeah, That is no good, no wonder it is getting scratched. I'd contact who you bought it from and ask for some tech support. Maybe they will send you a new holder assembly. It should be nice and high like mine in the picture (same machine).

20180624_165209.jpg

Graphtec is the tech support on these machines and that is who the warranty is thru.  How long have you had this machine?   Is it still under warranty? 

It's only about a week old. We had someone come out and look at it from the shop we bought it from and he said everything looked fine..of course it was slicing and dicing when he was here<_<

Contact Graphtec tech support tomorrow.   

Which software are you using with it?  Have you tried a different one?  Have you uninstalled/ reinstalled the driver? 

Adobe and Cutting Master 4. We've reinstalled the driver,  have done multiple updates.. definitely calling them tomorrow.  Husband has called several times last week and can't get a hold of anyone

Your Graphtec should've shipped with a couple of sheets of info about where to grab the download of the software, and it shouldn't require you to fill out the form to request for the software.

just a quick thought - is the blue cap screwed on tight?  had one loosen a couple of times and caused issues

if your pictures are when the plotter is not cutting I agree with everyone else it is not right - should look like toppers picture when not cutting

I had this same issue when we cut chrome vinyl for the first time a couple months ago! Did you figure out the problem?

I have 2 customers that love the chrome vinyl but I'm not going to send it out if it's scratched. I'd love to hear any tips anyone may have?

Thank you!