Sign in to follow this  
sekkenes

Pcut CT-630

Hello, It has been a while since I cut with my Pcut CT-630. The last time I used a pc. Now I only have a MacBook Pro OSX 10.13...

I am using easy cut studio software. I cannot get in touch with the cutter. I have bought a USB device that fits in the new type of connection in the Mac and also fits the old USB cable that came with the cutter. My suspicion is that thats were my problem is. When I try the connection test nothing happens.

Any of you that can tell me what to do? I have tried different drivers and also installed the cutter in the software.

Hope some of you can help me out:)

Yngve

For $80 you can grab a used DELL laptop running Win 7 and you'll be good to go.

other members have mentioned loading something like parallels on their mac to create a windows friendly environment -  last I knew the pcut wasn't sold as mac compatable.  keep in mind the mac sold in Norway could be considerably different that the one sold in the USA

If you want to go the free route - boot camp your mac and install windows with Whatever your preference is for cutting software.

If you're willing to spend a little more money and/or need keep the OSX environment live while cutting, then Parallels or Fusion with Windows installed will get you there.

I run Win7 via Parallels on my MacPro. Been working this way for years.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

There doesn't seem to be any issue here about being able to run the design/cut software itself ( easy cut studio ) on the mac.  What he's asking is how to ACHIEVE COMMUNICATION between the computer and the cutter.

As the opening post mentions -- " I have bought a USB device that fits in the new type of connection in the Mac and also fits the old USB cable that came with the cutter. My suspicion is that's my problem."

Yep.