Sign in to follow this  
Piercy

Crinkled htv

I need some help. Doing team jerseys and 3 of the 12 #s look like this...any suggestions or tricks so I don’t have to redo the #

5697A026-C786-420F-B25A-6E6F95D4523B.jpeg

I am not sure what is going on.  First thing I thought of was maybe you are not pre-pressing for a few seconds to remove wrinkles and moisture.

• Like 1

What brand of HTV. What type of jersey material (occasionally some are nylon is why I ask). This is your first post so I have to ask what press are you using and have you made fully sure the temperature is spot on? HTV is all about 3 things: Time, Temp and Pressure. Most if not all of the budget presses are off by no small margin on the temp. Heck even my Fusion was off by 40deg so get yourself an infrared temp gun and check your platen in several spots. Generally speaking when in doubt I tend to put a little more pressure and a little more heat rather than less pressure or less heat. If your platen has a cool spot then make that the spot you set the heat from so it's always going to be at least the recommended. 

• Like 2

It was stahls superfilm (directions call for cold peel) on a drifit shirt. I have a cheap press but did about 15 shirts with no issues...that’s why I’m confused 

Hm. I think you have some sort of temp issue probably. Is it peeling off after you get the carrier sheet pulled loose? What happens when you stretch the shirt and the vinyl does it stay down? Are you accidentally re-pressing it when you do the other side? I've used super film on occasions. It's about the only option for a stretchy product that will adhere to nylon. I don't like it on poly because the die migration is so rampant. Hate, absolutely hate cold peel. When they say cold they mean cold too, not even like warm. Doing two layers on it is a real PIA.