After searching here it's been awhile since Etsy has been mentioned.  Alot has changed with how etsy works.  

I'm going into month 2 of my etsy store and I'm not sure I've got things set up right.   I'm only getting about 3-5 views a day and I'm paying for about half of those views by promoting listings.   I know it's a bit early to be expecting anything big but I was hoping for alittle more traffic and maybe 1 order for father's day.  

Would anyone be willing to coach me and give me some advice?  

Here's my store www.etsy.com/shop/GoCCreations

Any other selling platforms I should be thinking about?  I was thinking about maybe a website but I'm not sure I want to spend $30/month for one if I can't even get a single order on etsy.   

• Like 1

I tried them twice and bailed because the juice just wasn’t worth the squeezing over there.   I know others that have done great but imho it is a crafters world there.

i May be wrong, been wrong before and figure I will be wrong several more times but just sharing my opinion

• Like 2

Just got a email that prices are going up on fees I set up a shop about a month ago but i didn't realize how cheap others were selling decals and shirts hard to compete with the others but what your selling custom signs look nice.

11 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I tried them twice and bailed because the juice just wasn’t worth the squeezing over there.   I know others that have done great but imho it is a crafters world there.

i May be wrong, been wrong before and figure I will be wrong several more times but just sharing my opinion

Any suggestions for other selling platforms.   Do you see my signs selling on Ebay?   I'm just not sure which way to go.

That's always been my problem.  I can make pretty cool products and everyone loves them. I just can't figure out how to sell them.  

1 hour ago, eprcvinyls said:

Just got a email that prices are going up on fees I set up a shop about a month ago but i didn't realize how cheap others were selling decals and shirts hard to compete with the others but what your selling custom signs look nice.

Yep just saw that email.   They jumped from 3.5% to 5%.  that's a pretty big jump and they tried to sugarcoat it by saying they're adding all these new features.   

But they didn't go into detail that these new features would require a monthly subscription.  Fun.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, julian keller said:

Yea I closed mine up. Didn't see a good ROI from there.

Where are you selling your goods now?

On 6/18/2018 at 1:14 PM, Go-C Graphics said:

Where are you selling your goods now?

I have a free amazon pro merchant account, a Merch by Amazon account, Facebook, and I go to car shows, art shows and stuff like that now.  I also hoof it and talk to businesses and look at ones that have just filed for occupational licenses and State Business registrations and talk to them.

On 6/14/2018 at 2:09 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

I was wrong once BUT I will live with her

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2018 at 2:09 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

ABSOFREAKINGLOUTLY! Trying to compete with the crafters over there with no overhead other than the fees is next to impossible. They buy the cheap vinyl and sell dirt cheap. While you by quality and only offer the best, people are looking for a cheap option hence going to Etsy. If it lasts 2 months then they are fine with it as they only spent $2 for it. I took some advice from here and only do large items now.  I might not get as many but I make a profit. I also do T-shirts and was just able to acquire a press so I can knock out those 50-100+ jobs I have been wanting to sink into from contacts i have made going to the networking get togethers that the chamber of commerce has every so often.

On 7/16/2018 at 10:41 PM, mabscotthandyman said:

I was wrong once BUT I will live with her

I was wrong 2x and 15 years on the 3rd, 3 strikes or 3rd times the charm right...LOL

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 2:46 PM, julian keller said:

ABSOFREAKINGLOUTLY! Trying to compete with the crafters over there with no overhead other than the fees is next to impossible. They buy the cheap vinyl and sell dirt cheap. While you by quality and only offer the best, people are looking for a cheap option hence going to Etsy. If it lasts 2 months then they are fine with it as they only spent $2 for it. I took some advice from here and only do large items now.  I might not get as many but I make a profit. I also do T-shirts and was just able to acquire a press so I can knock out those 50-100+ jobs I have been wanting to sink into from contacts i have made going to the networking get togethers that the chamber of commerce has every so often.

I was wrong 2x and 15 years on the 3rd, 3 strikes or 3rd times the charm right...LOL

Which vinyl do you speak of? :blink: 

Your designs are so cool...I don't think they get many hits on Etsy because Etsy caters to a different demographic- at least that's my perspective. More feminine lettering/design. I think car shows and the like would be awesome for in-person exposure, ebay for online. I am intimidated by amazon so I'm unsure of that one. 

Yea for the most part they do.  I have been away from Etsy now for a few months.  I have been focusing on schools and with sports coming up I have been getting more business. A few people from the school that are doing it without having the proper documentation that I was competing with found out that the school will not deal with anyone but a business. That was a nice win for me.  I have already made shirts and cups for them and have a bunch more coming in.  I just purchased a screen printing setup so i can do more and have a very large company wanting me to take on some shirts.  That will be 70 shirts every few months at least up to 500 or more depending on what they are doing for the events and such.

I am working on trying to get the 3000 shirt order they do every year!

• Like 1