Sign in to follow this  
arty-rc

Today's score

A few weeks ago my wife's old desktop quit working. Thankfully, I keep up with our backups. After many tests I determined that the mother board was bad. I spent the next weeks shopping around for another unit with what she wanted for the right price. Today, during our weekly travels, we stopped by a local Thrift Store.  They were having a huge sale so we started looking around. The first room I went in had a computer in it's original box, with a keypad and mouse. When I asked them if it worked I was told that if it was in a box, it was not tested. I took a gamble and bought it. Long story short, when I got home I hooked it up and it worked. It was not even password protected. It's an HP, Quad-core, 1TB hard drive, 6GB Ram, Light scribe DVD, and Windows 7 that was upgraded to Windows 10.

Here's the kicker.The price sticker was $10.00. With the sale discount, they told me it would cost, with sales tax, $2.68. Yes, two dollars and sixty eight cents.    

Gotta love those Thrift Stores:):)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Were you wearing a mask when you did this Arty?:lol:

Just now, Cal said:

Were you wearing a mask when you did this Arty?:lol:

No, and I didn't have the heart to ask for my senior discount.:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, arty-rc said:

A few weeks ago my wife's old desktop quit working. Thankfully, I keep up with our backups. After many tests I determined that the mother board was bad. I spent the next weeks shopping around for another unit with what she wanted for the right price. Today, during our weekly travels, we stopped by a local Thrift Store.  They were having a huge sale so we started looking around. The first room I went in had a computer in it's original box, with a keypad and mouse. When I asked them if it worked I was told that if it was in a box, it was not tested. I took a gamble and bought it. Long story short, when I got home I hooked it up and it worked. It was not even password protected. It's an HP, Quad-core, 1TB hard drive, 6GB Ram, Light scribe DVD, and Windows 7 that was upgraded to Windows 10.

Here's the kicker.The price sticker was $10.00. With the sale discount, they told me it would cost, with sales tax, $2.68. Yes, two dollars and sixty eight cents.    

Gotta love those Thrift Stores:):)

WOW... Some people Never myself have all the luck.... I guess I need to start going into Thief stores however there slim in my part of town.. I have heard story's like this from good wills, and I always thought Good will was only for really poor people to shop at. Witch I would fit in but i mean like homeless types.