Sign in to follow this  
arty-rc

Today's score

A few weeks ago my wife's old desktop quit working. Thankfully, I keep up with our backups. After many tests I determined that the mother board was bad. I spent the next weeks shopping around for another unit with what she wanted for the right price. Today, during our weekly travels, we stopped by a local Thrift Store.  They were having a huge sale so we started looking around. The first room I went in had a computer in it's original box, with a keypad and mouse. When I asked them if it worked I was told that if it was in a box, it was not tested. I took a gamble and bought it. Long story short, when I got home I hooked it up and it worked. It was not even password protected. It's an HP, Quad-core, 1TB hard drive, 6GB Ram, Light scribe DVD, and Windows 7 that was upgraded to Windows 10.

Here's the kicker.The price sticker was $10.00. With the sale discount, they told me it would cost, with sales tax, $2.68. Yes, two dollars and sixty eight cents.    

Gotta love those Thrift Stores:):)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Were you wearing a mask when you did this Arty?:lol:

Just now, Cal said:

Were you wearing a mask when you did this Arty?:lol:

No, and I didn't have the heart to ask for my senior discount.:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, arty-rc said:

A few weeks ago my wife's old desktop quit working. Thankfully, I keep up with our backups. After many tests I determined that the mother board was bad. I spent the next weeks shopping around for another unit with what she wanted for the right price. Today, during our weekly travels, we stopped by a local Thrift Store.  They were having a huge sale so we started looking around. The first room I went in had a computer in it's original box, with a keypad and mouse. When I asked them if it worked I was told that if it was in a box, it was not tested. I took a gamble and bought it. Long story short, when I got home I hooked it up and it worked. It was not even password protected. It's an HP, Quad-core, 1TB hard drive, 6GB Ram, Light scribe DVD, and Windows 7 that was upgraded to Windows 10.

Here's the kicker.The price sticker was $10.00. With the sale discount, they told me it would cost, with sales tax, $2.68. Yes, two dollars and sixty eight cents.    

Gotta love those Thrift Stores:):)

WOW... Some people Never myself have all the luck.... I guess I need to start going into Thief stores however there slim in my part of town.. I have heard story's like this from good wills, and I always thought Good will was only for really poor people to shop at. Witch I would fit in but i mean like homeless types.

great score!! Im with eprcvinyls, I don't ever run across those kinda deals, even with  Our main biz being a high end consignment shop.  we don't carry electronics unless their new in the box. Mainly clothing, household décor and furn. along with my vinyl decals and signs. now have added htv shirts and hats. we keep doing so much with painting furn , this last 6 mnths or so my vinyl has been put off to the side lines, only getting to do any when customers order.

On 6/14/2018 at 12:24 PM, eprcvinyls said:

WOW... Some people Never myself have all the luck.... I guess I need to start going into Thief stores however there slim in my part of town.. I have heard story's like this from good wills, and I always thought Good will was only for really poor people to shop at. Witch I would fit in but i mean like homeless types.

Anyone can shop at Goodwill/Salvation Army.