16 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I have seen a lot of fading on solvents with aftermarket inks but my personal experience is roland factory ink 4 years outside unlaminated looks just like when I installed it - on my last truck had several . . .  newer truck I haven't stickered up.   to me it is not worth saving maybe $10 ca cart for aftermarket inks and a lot more problems with my first printer that came with aftermarket inks - no problems once I converted it back to roland inks.    looking at prints in new orlands a few years ago I think they was using some formula they cooked up in a bathtub - it was hideous on most places

A place I used to work used all Roland inks and never laminated.  Decals for vehicles, signs, print directly on banner, all just raw.  The inks held up just find with out added protection.  Added some frog juice on occasion.

• Like 2

There must be a large number of shops using poor quality inks and substrate then.

I see a lot of Printed Vinyl that's faded and/or cracked.

(or perhaps the Custy's aren't taking proper care of it?)

Skarkrow I can guarantee there are a lot of shops using aftermarket bulk inks and loads of house vinyl, I couldn't bring myself to do it and not be confident in the product I produce - mine cost more but there is definitely a difference.  I will leave the people buying on price alone to learn on their own about that - to me it is more than just getting something out the door.  also I see a lot of post from people with nozzle test that say it is great that I would have thrown away that head LONG before it got near that point

• Like 1

Agreed... Wise to stick with the Quality Products and Workmanship.

The Graphics Industry has been swept the way of so many other Products and Services these days.

Our World is flush with Walmart Mentality and Confusion of Low Price / Good Value.

• Like 1

I buy the off brand inks for my daily printer.  Just for printouts like receipts or other text, and drafts of a project mostly.  Some times I am not sure if I come out ahead as it clogs more  so more cleaning cycles.  But the regular cartridges are 4x as much.  That makes up for a lot of cleaning cycles.  

• Like 2

Yup... Figuring out what works best for one's Workflow & Budget is a big deal for a shop.

What may work perfect for one may be disaster for another.

I print just a few Positives a week to burn Screens with and the

OEM Epson pigment inks Print fine, solid Transparencies for the Halftone work,

without breaking the Bank.

Also have no issues with Chip Reset Workarounds & Schemes.

• Like 1

is this a good vinyl ? GreenStar 3mil Aqueous Adhesive Backed White Matte Vinyl does anyone have a picture to see the finish product ?