KDM_Freak

Cutting with CE 6000 plus

36 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

manuals never come in any electronics anymore all downloaded - -  - don't touch the firmware on this one . . . 

waiting to hear about the blade holder position etc - heading to diner with wife when she gets out of prison tonight about 3:30

Good thing I didn’t touch the firmware and that’s how it was sent to me which is why I had all the problems ... when tech support asks we’ll do you have a PC ... no f**khead I told you I’m using a Mac 100 times so is there another way to help me or are you going to keep asking me if I have a PC after stating it 100 times. Then the lady at UScutter “oh well it’s a super new machine and they probably didn’t get the macs workIng yet”. This is the type of help today so I can see how you guys get annoyed but just know some of us don’t try to use the forum to just talk about things already talked about sometimes the information is maybe similar to you big shop guys but to us Home people sometimes it’s not common sense and you have more stupid tech support people then I could ever imagine. Thanks for the help I appreciate everyone’s help from the past but lately this forum is just extremely aggravated for I don’t know what reason. 

so was the tab over the ridge on the blade holder - we are still trying to go thru the list

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

so was the tab over the ridge on the blade holder - we are still trying to go thru the list

I’m currently at my day job 9-5 I will get back to you .. appreciate your time. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 3:56 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

I want to thank you for your time it was a user error and it’s official I do not know how to talk when it comes down to the issue I’m having. I did not notice the tab issue at all, I had it above not below & I guess when I was looking at the manual I was not understanding what it was talking about so I was just winging it thinking it was a force / speed issue. The machine works amazing and no issues with my Mac I’m officially a happy camper. First 2 cuts with it .....

cut very very nice the anchor I don’t know why it punched holes at top but I’m sure it was the way I made it in adobe illustrator because the rest of the vinyl is perfect. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

glad you got it working - they are amazing cutters.  sometimes my "rudeness" is a ploy to snap someone out of their current train of thought and relook at the issue with fresh eyes - we see a lot of people that get going on what they think is the problem and have a hard time getting to the systematic troubleshooting.

Now you can help the next person with an issue and a mac (real experience is worth more than guessing )  - - - -we have a few mac helpers but not enough and several of us old timers that are set in our ways just don't like em, doesn't mean they are not great machines just we are set in our old ways :/

• Like 1

Seems from the photos that your blade is cutting right through the backing paper -- it should not do that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It doesn't look right to me.. Either you made a lousy design or the N is cut wrong. The corners are not sharp/ square. They are rounded on each side. Bottom of N top of N. (Is that the way it is supposed to be?.)  The white design zoomed up looks like the vinyl is cut too deep and the vinyl is lifted up everywhere. The X left upper corner is not right, It goes further into the background vinyl.   A properly set Graphtec cuts better than that.  No way should the cutter be cutting thru the vinyl like that..thru the design,  and cutting thru like that will put gouges in the cutting strip. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

It doesn't look right to me.. Either you made a lousy design or the N is cut wrong. The corners are not sharp/ square. They are rounded on each side. Bottom of N top of N. (Is that the way it is supposed to be?.)  The white design zoomed up looks like the vinyl is cut too deep and the vinyl is lifted up everywhere. The X left upper corner is not right, It goes further into the background vinyl.   A properly set Graphtec cuts better than that.  No way should the cutter be cutting thru the vinyl like that..thru the design,  and cutting thru like that will put gouges in the cutting strip. 

Well the anchor is a rustic look not suppose to be sharp and point .. it’s suppose to symbolize NY as a whole... as for the other it was from a drawing and I just started using adobe illustrator 7 days ago as a “trial” so today was my last day with it and I feel for a fast mock up using the trace tool off of a sketch it came out pretty well I feel. I will be buying illustrator to practice more ... if you flip both these cuts over there is absolutely no sign of the blade cutting to far so I’m sorry but I don’t understand where your going with the rude comment. I can take the criticism but to bash me for a first time graphtec and adobe user I must say you are wrong when it comes to blade depth ... force is at 7 and speed 25 cm/s. The top of the anchor as I stated clearly must be something I did it adobe as to for that spot ONLY it cut threw but not the rest. Thanks for the input I will practice ALOT more with my NEW machine. 

"cut very very nice the anchor "   It's not!!!

It's less blade, more force... That is the combination. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

glad you got it working - they are amazing cutters.  sometimes my "rudeness" is a ploy to snap someone out of their current train of thought and relook at the issue with fresh eyes - we see a lot of people that get going on what they think is the problem and have a hard time getting to the systematic troubleshooting.

Now you can help the next person with an issue and a mac (real experience is worth more than guessing )  - - - -we have a few mac helpers but not enough and several of us old timers that are set in our ways just don't like em, doesn't mean they are not great machines just we are set in our old ways :/

I can see the frustration in people on the forum. There are some topics I see and I’m like wow did they even try? I mean I’m a noob still after 4 years and been lurking this site for 4 yrs and I feel like for the amount I posted over that time is far less then I see others at. I’m not bashing anyone but I truly only posted when I’m stumped and for someone to tell me I’m not reading or I did something wrong and don’t touch it again .. we’ll thats not going to happen. I stated it earlier to you, I figured out after this post I don’t know how to explain myself and have every right to get defensive because the fact that I learned this from nothing. a lot of google / videos / risking money I didn’t have to try this and for someone who isn’t consistent over 4 years all the money I spent I made back, so I must be doing something right. But honestly thank you for your help and I will be more then happy for anyone reading this using a Mac I’m here if needed. 

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

"cut very very nice the anchor "   It's not!!!

Ok clearly didn’t read my post and just continuing on bringing someone down. “First time using trace tool on a software I never used before”. & the anchor was suppose to look beat not point on.  Thank you for your input though appreciate it :) 

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

That’s what I had to work with so I apologize I’m not a professional like you but I think I did pretty darn well for a first time trace. 

image.jpg

If your going to set a cutter up, why not use a design that is good from the git go ? Instead of a design that isn't right.?  How can you make corrections on a machine when the design is not right? And you know nothing about a machine?  Plenty of free designs to download that are already good. You don't have to trace anything.   There is also many FREE good designs in the graphics requests section that the good people of this forum have posted.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=0asdW6f-GZ7vjwTvnJM4&q=Vector+designs+FREE&oq=Vector+designs+FREE&gs_l=psy-ab.13..0l2j0i22i30k1l8.683.20290.0.23900.30.22.3.3.3.0.2145.5026.1j13j2j0j1j9-1.18.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..6.24.5111.0..0i131k1j0i3k1.0.SjFalMTXKHw

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

If your going to set a cutter up, why not use a design that is good from the git go ? Instead of a design that isn't right.  How can you make corrections on a machine when the design is not right? Plenty of free designs to download that are already good. You don't have to trace anything. 

Your correct & can not answer that honestly. I was proud of what i traced for the first time didn't really ask what people thought of it but wanted to show that i got the machine to at least cut where before the post I didn't even have the tab properly set and I was blaming the force and speed. Dakotagrafx wanted to know if I got it & instead of asking for help and disappearing i figured id write back but, due to me not doing this full time it took me a few days to get back to him. But again thank you I will continue to play around with the settings and get it perfect to your liking. maybe while I'm at it i will take some classes on adobe since clearly Im no artist and need work.

Not to my liking, I am not buying any of your stuff. But what you posted with the designs you used, in my opinion, looks like it was cut with a value cutter, instead of a Graphtec. 

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Not to my liking, I am not buying any of your stuff. But what you posted with the designs you used, in my opinion, looks like it was cut with a value cutter, instead of a Graphtec. 

LOL buying any of my stuff? I don't need you to sit there and believe me nor do I need your money. the criticism is nice thanks for your input. I won't lie though Id love to know how you started up / why you started up / and if you had the money or got it handed to you to start up? for me ... lets just leave it at if we had a chart 1-10 id be in the negatives and learned from ground up and after 4 years I can honestly say I know nothing compared to some of you people but guess what. I hustled and made SOMETHING out of NOTHING and continue to try and learn. so please the inputs nice and i appreciate what your saying but if your going to be an ass and bash me. Then i don't need your input or advice on any of my posts in the near future.

I am a woman 68 years old.  I worked in a factory for 30 years before it closed and went to Mexico. I reinvented myself and I taught myself EVERYTHING.  This forum did not exist when I started in 2006.  I started with a value cutter Seiki.. I worked another full time job,2nd shift and got my business going. I came home from 8 hours working  1 hour drive, and did my orders, Sometimes worked til 3AM . Many times finishing orders to ship before I went back to work the next day. This whole time I was also posting ads. .. After 14 months with the Seiki. I bought a new Graphtec FC7000-MK2-75    30 inch cutter  2008. and had it paid off in 5-6 weeks.  I am still using that cutter today.  Never had a problem.  I have been an EBAY seller since 2006 TOP RATED. Powerseller.  I currently have over 1500 items up in my store.  My niche' is large detailed designs, priced $50.00-$120. 00. In 2008 I quit the full time job,as my business supports me.   If you go back on my posts and people that know me,, you can see this, as others have asked what is my niche'.? How am I successful? I worked hard, nothing was handed to me.!!! 

21 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I am a woman 68 years old.  I worked in a factory for 30 years before it closed and went to Mexico. I reinvented myself and I taught myself EVERYTHING.  This forum did not exist when I started in 2006.  I started with a value cutter Seiki.. I worked another full time job,2nd shift and got my business going. I came home from 8 hours working  1 hour drive, and did my orders, Sometimes worked til 3AM . Many times finishing orders to ship before I went back to work the next day. This whole time I was also posting ads. .. After 14 months with the Seiki. I bought a new Graphtec FC7000-MK2-75    30 inch cutter  2008. and had it paid off in 5-6 weeks.  I am still using that cutter today.  Never had a problem.  I have been an EBAY seller since 2006 TOP RATED. Powerseller.  I currently have over 1500 items up in my store.  My niche' is large detailed designs, priced $50.00-$120. 00. In 2008 I quit the full time job,as my business supports me.   If you go back on my posts and people that know me,, you can see this, as others have asked what is my niche'.? How am I successful? I worked hard, nothing was handed to me.!!! 

Happy to see your response & from the way you started well that’s the stage I’m at in my life. 26 started at 22 and I work an hour away at a high school that for he most part is known for the school that never sleeps and I work almost every Saturday so that’s 6 days a week. I didn’t find my niche yet so for as far as I know I paid off all my machines with money from what I did so for you to attack me. I feel,  maybe I’m wrong .. but instead maybe guide me from your experience as for I’m in the beginning stages of this growing industry and I will say it again I’m sure it’s fustrating seeing the same post over and over again but I also did state that I attacked my situation wrong. So for someone admitting they are wrong takes a lot and I wasn’t here to waste anyone’s time as to if you saw the history on my computer & or phone I been looking but didn’t read anything on the tab of the blade. Hey I over looked it maybe it’s there and I will go back and continue to try and learn from this. So thanks I took your info and will work on my designs a little more

Kudos for trying to trace! I have to admit that I'm an absolute "short cut" kind of person, and am always perpetually grateful for Inkscape :P

I think tracing your own artwork is very admirable. I, on the other hand, have zero creativity and have to rely on others - thank goodness I'm surround by a bunch of right-brainers! Anything original, that's done on old school paper is awesome!

I have done my fair share of tracing (what Inkscape isn't able to vecotrize for me), and I kind of suck at it, but at some point, I get tired of tweaking the nodes and just send it to cut to see how good (or bad) it looks. Many of the custom hand-sketched stuff comes out decent, and the results may not be perfect, but the customer is usually just super stoked to see their creation turn into something they will undoubtedly end up plastering everywhere they possibly can. If they complain, I will generally spend more time to clean it up and smooth it out, but most times, they're just grateful that they found someone to do it in the first place. Let me justify the "less than perfect" results by saying that most times it's for family, friends, and/or friends of friends, and I do preface it with, "it's just a rough cut, and it can be smoothed out," and let them decide whether they want to chase down that rabbit hole to pay me for more tweaking time. I will generally provide a few sample at no cost because a lot of times, I do it in my spare time and cutting is not my 'day job.' If it's a company/corporate gig, then yes, I will spend copious amounts of time editing if necessary, and a proof goes out for final approval before I go into mass production.

Pat yourself on the back, because I wouldn't have put forth the effort that you did to create original artwork! (seriously!)

• Like 3

KDM - I agree with haumana, that you are to be commended for giving AI a shot.  Regarding the cut of that design, though, gets back to what Mz Skeeter was trying to help you with.  AI does not tell your machine how to cut, or how deep to cut - or anything other than where to cut, from this point to that point.  If you have a second layer in your design, the machine is still only being told to cut from point A to point B a second or third time.  If your blade depth is set correctly, a second cut or even a third cut on the same path will not cut through the backing paper.  That is from the voice of experience...  I usually always do designs with the pen tool first, and that is one of the reasons why.

• Like 4

I suspect you still have too much blade exposure. The circles that cut all the way through are most likely a combination of too much blade and a double line in the design. With a double or more line, it looks fine in the design but the cutter will go over the line 2 or more times. That with a combination of too much blade exposure would easily cut through the backing paper. When you peal your designs off the backing paper, looks closely at the paper. Is there only a light indentation, or is the paper scored/cut?

• Like 3