KDM_Freak

Cutting with CE 6000 plus

Hey guys ! So I’m using a CE 6000 & I’m having a lot of trouble getting the cut settings right. I have the blade positioned little less then a credit card thickness & the force I been running up and down between 12 up to 30g with various speeds. I watched a few YouTube videos and I see there is advanced options & I’m curious if I’m doing something wrong or if the setting I need I’m just not seeing. I came from the first titan so this is very new to me, way more settings and getting use too. I been preforming the triple test cut to try and find the sweet spot & im just having no luck. You guys have helped me a lot in the past and I’m extremely thankful & just want it known that I really did watch a lot of videos and research and I’m officially stumped and think it’s a user error. Thanks again in advance hope to hear back from you guys. ( I will post pictures as well) 

2607693A-D723-4BA3-9170-2DB9485D03B9.jpeg

1118DFCA-DCC5-4150-A174-2467C7B0365A.jpeg

7AF7D441-A889-450A-9C9F-E04E7707C834.jpeg

081053C2-3900-41F0-B4DB-BB7CCCDD88F0.jpeg

too much blade as has been discussed hundreds of times on here

offset on a graphtec is 0 too

• Like 1

I have mine set to inches - cut at about a 12 force for most items and slowed down to a 10

Yes, your doing something wrong!!  The Titan blade depth would not be any different, Is that how you ran your Titan?  No way is the blade ever set just less than a credit card. Way too much blade exposed. !!  All cutters blade depth are set the same and has been posted hundreds and hundreds of times on this forum. 

How to set blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

too much blade as has been discussed hundreds of times on here

offset on a graphtec is 0 too

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Yes, your doing something wrong!!  The Titan blade depth would not be any different, Is that how you ran your Titan?  No way is the blade ever set just less than a credit card. Way too much blade exposed. !!  All cutters blade depth are set the same and has been posted hundreds and hundreds of times on this forum. 

How to set blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

I understand the whole blade thing and have adjusted accordingly. I seen these post a few times but no where in anything on the forum as far as I can find does it teach anything about the CE 6000 I been working with the titan for 4 years I understand it’s annoying when people post for help when it’s stated but this information is not what I’m looking for. The sweet spot is clearly somewhere in between my settings and that’s where the trouble comes in. I go threw the vinyl or just not enough. I played with the speed and slowed it down ... then speed it up and it’s just not enough .. I did 2 test cuts back to back and one went to far in the vinyl while the second showed not a sign of touch vinyl.. (how is that possible I didn’t even change settings in between cuts to see what it would do) 

I started with a p-cut, them mh, copam, rolands, titan2, and several graphtecs and same with all them on settings.  I set the blade per skeeters directions, slow them down - make sure offset is set right to make corners crisp - same process with all.  the main difference with the graphtec is the offset is usually 0 and the blade holder has a ridge that goes under the holder tab  not sitting on top.   in your case make sure the carriage is on the tracks - which I haven't seen come off on a graphtec but could happen and cause inconsistent cuts

Your description of setting the blade incorrectly is why the correct way was mentioned by 2 of us that cut a LOT of vinyl and have never had a problem with the graphtec plotters,   this being your second one and still having problems indicates maybe, just maybe it isn't the plotter that is the problem.

• Like 1

Your two cuts back to back, were they over the same area of the plotter? Is it possible you've gouged your cutting strip in some areas?

2 hours ago, KDM_Freak said:

Hey guys ! So I’m using a CE 6000 & I’m having a lot of trouble getting the cut settings right. I have the blade positioned little less then a credit card thickness & the force I been running up and down between 12 up to 30g with various speeds. I watched a few YouTube videos and I see there is advanced options & I’m curious if I’m doing something wrong or if the setting I need I’m just not seeing. I came from the first titan so this is very new to me, way more settings and getting use too. I been preforming the triple test cut to try and find the sweet spot & im just having no luck. You guys have helped me a lot in the past and I’m extremely thankful & just want it known that I really did watch a lot of videos and research and I’m officially stumped and think it’s a user error. Thanks again in advance hope to hear back from you guys. ( I will post pictures as well) 

2 things that you mentioned that are way off

4 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Your two cuts back to back, were they over the same area of the plotter? Is it possible you've gouged your cutting strip in some areas?

No I made sure it was 2 separate locations lol 

4 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

with a credit card blade exposure and 30 pressure it is almost guaranteed it cut thru and damaged the strip

3 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

2 things that you mentioned that are way off

Yeah I was just trying to explain the steps I took .. not that best with word or explaining .. my apologies 

after using that much blade and force I would look at the tip of your blade - it very well could have been snapped off too when cutting corners IN the cutting strip

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

with a credit card blade exposure and 30 pressure it is almost guaranteed it cut thru and damaged the strip

That was the thing though 30g wasn’t even cutting threw some of my test cuts ... I was using a youtube video at that time and was the only reason I used 30g but in my head I figured that was way to high .. I lowered the blade from there and went down to 16g and I guess I’m just not getting the proper mix of both and that’s my issue I’m assuming now 

Is the blade holder ridge under the holder tab??

is the carriage wheels on the track

did you check the blade tip?

This is an aftermarket blade holder but shows the blade ridge under the tab really well

P6080005.JPG

2 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

This is an aftermarket blade holder but shows the blade ridge under the tab really well

P6080005.JPG

Blade tip is ok & I will have to check the blade holder now. I know when I put it in it felt like it dropped into place and on the CE lite I had to return they said it would click which it did. This one don’t click but feeling like it dropped into place I assumed it was ok. Will definitely check into that now. 

Broken tip on a roland blade at 60x magnification - someone put the laminate blade holder in the printer/cutter when doing non laminated stuff  :o

34708778_10204823149655084_5425396520734162944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeESgYvSU0D_pA2o_tYe-QUGtdX6HCWkQWp7hpn2b5IXSOglDUV7piVnek7IkV0NJo9MBalHYEXbU7k21zlzeZaBhJAtmyTi9I4eLscrgQTeMQ&oh=f5a6d90e3e437ce71580e8d62142e4c1&oe=5B799F8D

Just now, KDM_Freak said:

Blade tip is ok & I will have to check the blade holder now. I know when I put it in it felt like it dropped into place and on the CE lite I had to return they said it would click which it did. This one don’t click but feeling like it dropped into place I assumed it was ok. Will definitely check into that now. 

you have to make sure to get that tab above the ridge - it doesn't slide down if the tab isn't out of the way

If you would have taken some time to read your user manual, that Graphtec CE6000-60  has an automatic Adjust the blade depth instructions in the user manual page.  79  Automatic height adjust. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

If you would have taken some time to read your user manual, that Graphtec CE6000-60  has an automatic Adjust the blade depth instructions in the user manual page.  79  Automatic height adjust. 

Excitement kicked in never had a problem with my titan so I figured I knew what I saw doing .. (clearly not) that would of been nice but I find automatic these days means you’ll have to fix it yourself anyway so I much rather not have the machine “do it for me”. Thanks though. Btw I didn’t get a manual in my box I did get it off there site a few days later so I jumped the gun and just started doing what I thought I already knew.

Most all manuals are online because of the shear depth of information that is available in them. Graphtecs are nothing like a Titan.  Nothing more I am helping with .  

• Like 1

manuals never come in any electronics anymore all downloaded - -  - don't touch the firmware on this one . . . 

waiting to hear about the blade holder position etc - heading to diner with wife when she gets out of prison tonight about 3:30

18 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

heading to diner with wife when she gets out of prison tonight about 3:30

What's she in for this time? LOL :lol::lol::lol: You might want to clarify this for our other forum members:lol::lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

food truck night in battle creek if the rain isn't too bad - - - - for the others I used to work in a womens prison the first 10+ years of my career - where I met my wife.  (did that help?)

• Haha 2